Please send your replies to the list also so we can discuss things further.

Regards,

Martijn
Re: straw poll: ParsedXML requirements [ In reply to ]
+1 Zope 2.4/Python 2.1

Burning Tiger is hoping to use ParsedXML extensively as the basis for
supporting a whole slew of XML document types. We've already made the
move to Zope 2.4 and Python 2.1, so only supporting those levels and
above is OK with us.

And I'm looking forward to a new release, as I'm currently having
trouble with ParsedXML and Zope 2.4...

I'm sure the answer is in the archives, but I haven't had the time
lately for archive mining, and my headlamp is busted. %-)

--Dethe

--

Dethe Elza (delza@burningtiger.com)
Chief Mad Scientist
RE: straw poll: ParsedXML requirements [ In reply to ]
You will get conservative-implementation folks who have a lot of production
infrastructure still on Zope 2.3.x and Python 1.5.2 (like me, right now);
that said, I think the best approach is to release an 2.3.x/1.5.2 compatible
interim release with your proxy speedups, see if the expat leak bug (is that
fixed yet, and better yet, what is the nature of the problem?) can be fixed.
Label that release as the 'last' ParsedXML release supporting Python 1.5.2
and Zope 2.3.x. I think that is fair, then move on, supporting only new
releases of Zope/Python.

Sean