Products.ParsedXML.ManageableDOM.DOMManageable: "manage_main" !=
"manage_DOMTree"

It might be that this is not related to the XPath ParsedXML products, but due
to some garbled installation of the broader environment (i.e. Zope 2.4.1
(source release, python 2.1, linux2), python 2.1.1, linux2).

What can i do about this small hitch?

Okay moderator - eat your heart out ... should this posting go to the
ParsedXML list instead?
Re: sideline question about some ambiguity [ In reply to ]
I get that on several packages. Was there a change in 2.4 that
influenced this?

Thus spake Felix Slager (fslager@phil.uu.nl):

> Hi everybody,
>
> after installing XPath, ParsedXML i got the following feedback:
>
> PROBLEM(100) Init Ambiguous name for method of
> Products.ParsedXML.ManageableDOM.DOMManageable: "manage_main" !=
> "manage_DOMTree"
>
> It might be that this is not related to the XPath ParsedXML products, but due
> to some garbled installation of the broader environment (i.e. Zope 2.4.1
> (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python 2.1.1, linux2).
>
> What can i do about this small hitch?
>

> Okay moderator - eat your heart out ... should this posting go to the
> ParsedXML list instead?

Jeffrey Hulten
SCT Consulting
(206) 853-5216
Re: sideline question about some ambiguity [ In reply to ]
Jeffrey Hulten wrote:
> I get that on several packages. Was there a change in 2.4 that
> influenced this?

This is a harmless 2.4 glitch as far as I know; you get it without
XPath as well. We should be able to eliminate this by the next release of
ParsedXML. There's somekind of magic incantation I need to look up necessary
to quiet Zope. I'm not quite sure why the warning was introduced in the
first place.

Hoi Felix by the way! :)

Groeten,

Martijn
Re: sideline question about some ambiguity [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 11:26:46AM +0200, Felix Slager wrote:
> after installing XPath, ParsedXML i got the following feedback:
>
> PROBLEM(100) Init Ambiguous name for method of
> Products.ParsedXML.ManageableDOM.DOMManageable: "manage_main" !=
> "manage_DOMTree"
>
> It might be that this is not related to the XPath ParsedXML products, but due
> to some garbled installation of the broader environment (i.e. Zope 2.4.1
> (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python 2.1.1, linux2).
>
> What can i do about this small hitch?

Uhm, if I can remember the fix again, it's very simple really. IIRC one of
the methods mentioned is an alias for the other method, but there is no
security assertion for one of them.

Otherwise this message is harmless and you can ignore it.

--
Martijn Pieters