Thanks,
Christian

www.gocept.com - ct@gocept.com - phone +49 345 122 9889 7 -
Re: Move-Message in Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Ok, I have simplified the redirect message.

I promised d2m I would post apache rewrite rules here and request
installation by whoever has that access. I haven't spent the time to figure
them out yet. I'd like to redirect each page in each old wiki to the
corresponding page in the new location and I think that can be done.

You can see the old wiki urls at http://wiki.zope.org/OldWikis . The new
urls are http://wiki.zope.org/SAMEFOLDERID (except ComponentArchitecture is
now zope3).

So, how would we write this. Is there someone more apache-wizardly who can
get us started ?

Re: Move-Message in Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Simon Michael wrote:
> So, how would we write this. Is there someone more apache-wizardly who
> can get us started ?

Bear in mind that www.zope.org isn't Apache-fronted. It's Squid
redirectors...

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Re: Move-Message in Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Does that mean apache rewrite rules are out ? Any idea how if the goal
(redirect all old pages corresponding new pages) is achievable ?

Re: Move-Message in Wiki pages [ In reply to ]
Simon Michael wrote:
> Does that mean apache rewrite rules are out ? Any idea how if the goal
> (redirect all old pages corresponding new pages) is achievable ?

I proposed to create a mapping from old to new page locactions
(including rewriting to recentchanges and FrontPage) and redirect on the
pagelevel.

Another option is to remove/rename the wiki area on zope.org, set a
Redirector Object to the new location and rewrite there.

I'm happy to help you with this.

Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m