Mailing List Archive

new zope 3 wiki is ready
An upgraded copy of the Zope 3 wiki is now live:

http://zope3.zwiki.org

Please check it out and report any problems. Pretty much everything should
be intact. Note: 1. no special skinning or styling has been done - a topic
for later - and 2. it is slow, slower than it should be, I'll have to
investigate, but later.

Both wikis are writable right now. The old wiki on zope.org is still the
master copy, but I'd like to make it read-only as soon as you agree, to
avoid confusion and resyncing work. Until you might want to just hold off
on major edits.

It turns out export and import was the efficient way to move these pages. I
didn't expect it to import cleanly first time into a modern zope, but it
just worked! Hurrah!! Then there was a good deal of fun getting things
cleaned up with minimal changes to the metadata. I'll post my notes
somewhere in due course.

This wiki currently can be edited by anyone who configures a username (by
clicking options). This has stopped most zwiki spam up till now, but there
will be an incident once in a while, which I'll clean up. I will watch for
problems and tighten things up when necessary. (How hard would it be to
authenticated against zope.org via ldap ?)

Structured Text, Restructured Text, Epoz-HTML and Plaintext markups are
available, and the default markup is still STX. Let me know if it should be
changed to RST.

I have created manager accounts for Jim and Michael H. I'll stop here for
now. Thanks, -Simon

Re: new zope 3 wiki is ready [ In reply to ]
> and 2. it is slow, slower than it should be, I'll
> have to investigate, but later.

Better now! I had removed some necessary catalog fields.

Re: new zope 3 wiki is ready [ In reply to ]
On 10/15/06, Simon Michael <simon@joyful.com> wrote:
> An upgraded copy of the Zope 3 wiki is now live:
>
> http://zope3.zwiki.org

I want to move http://kpug.zwiki.org/Zope3Pages to this wiki.
Will do it one by one. First I am merging http://kpug.zwiki.org/Zope3Faq
to http://zope3.zwiki.org/FAQ

I will change format of FAQ page to ReST.

Regards,
Baiju M
Re: new zope 3 wiki is ready [ In reply to ]
Re: new zope 3 wiki is ready [ In reply to ]
Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

>> when necessary. (How hard would it be to authenticated against
>> zope.org via ldap ?)
>
> The LDAP server is on the private network inside the zope.org "cluster"
> and not reachable by the outside world, so as of right now that's not
> possible.
>
> If we continue down the path of microsites the issue of shared
> authentication will become more and more urgent.
>
> If LDAP is still an option (I know quite a few people don't like it
> because they perceive it as complicated or hard to wrap ones brain
> around) the first step would be to set up a central LDAP server instance
> that can be reached over the internet by the different microsites. This
> can be bootstrapped with a data export from the old zope.org server, not
> a big issue. There might be an issue with latency if the geographically
> widely dispersed microsites don't have excellent network connectivity
> towards that central LDAP server, which in turn can be solved by LDAP
> slaves closer to the microsite host.

+1

I don't like using ldap unless there is a good reason to do so,
but it's use here certainly seems justified -- especially if
someone with the requisite expertise is involved. :)

Jim

--
Jim Fulton mailto:jim@zope.com Python Powered!
CTO (540) 361-1714 http://www.python.org