Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Zope.org DNS ( was Re: http://namespaces.zope.org/zope ) [ In reply to ]
Justizin wrote:
> On 9/26/06, Martijn Faassen <faassen@infrae.com> wrote:
[snip]
> I'm glad to be the lead, and I'm glad for either of the other guys to
> be the lead. ;d

You're the only one volunteering for this right now, as far as I can
see, so if you think you and Jens can get along after this DNS
initiation rite or whatever you two were having just now, you're now the
official lead. :) Great, thanks!

> Whoever you decide to nag, I think the three of us can hammer this out.

Excellent. By the way, are you a Zope Foundation member in any way? I'm
not sure whether it matters at this stage, just checking.

>> * A plan of action worked out between the three of you. I basically need
>> to know what needs to be done bureaucratically from the side of Zope
>> Corporation and the Foundation to get this arranged. I'll leave the
>> actual work to you all - I intend to only be there when stuff needs to
>> be expedited somehow.
>
> Okay. We will need:
>
> * A copy of the existing zope.org zone files
> * Cooperation from rob@zope.org to change the NS record pointers
> * A list of people who need access in ZoneEdit

I will contact Rob and try to get the ball rolling. I'll pass it back to
you guys as soon as possible.

Regards,

Martijn

> > Whoever you decide to nag, I think the three of us can hammer this out.
>
> Excellent. By the way, are you a Zope Foundation member in any way? I'm
> not sure whether it matters at this stage, just checking.

Nope. Is there an organizational membership option? ;)

> >> * A plan of action worked out between the three of you. I basically need
> >> to know what needs to be done bureaucratically from the side of Zope
> >> Corporation and the Foundation to get this arranged. I'll leave the
> >> actual work to you all - I intend to only be there when stuff needs to
> >> be expedited somehow.
> >
> > Okay. We will need:
> >
> > * A copy of the existing zope.org zone files
> > * Cooperation from rob@zope.org to change the NS record pointers
> > * A list of people who need access in ZoneEdit
>
> I will contact Rob and try to get the ball rolling. I'll pass it back to
> you guys as soon as possible.

Mille Grazie.

--
Justizin, Independent Interactivity Architect
ACM SIGGRAPH SysMgr, Reporter
Warning: This message has had one or more attachments removed
Warning: (db.zope.org).
Warning: Please read the "zc-Attachment-Warning.txt" attachment(s) for more information.

Hello eveyrone:

Martijn shared with me the great news - DNS
volunteers! :^) Fantastic news!!

Attached is the zone file for zope.org. I can change
the zope.org nameservers as soon as someone gives me
their IPs. I lurk on zweb and will try and pay
particular attention in the next few days to make the
nameserver config switch.

I'm copying Mark and Chris at ZC - two of our capable
SAs so they see this is moving forward.

Regards,
Rob

P.S. - Obviously we can't delegate the reverse zone -
for most hosts this is a nicety - for some
(e.g., mail) it's imperative. It would be nice
if we periodically (e.g., once per month?) got a
zope.org reverse snippet that we can use to keep
our network reverse zone up-to-date. Thanks!

--
Rob Page V: 540 361 1710
Zope Corporation F: 703 995 0412
Re: Zope.org DNS ( was Re: http://namespaces.zope.org/zope ) [ In reply to ]
Okay.

ZoneEdit's import is broken, but zope.org zone is imported into their database.

Who wants to run a slave?

--
Justizin, Independent Interactivity Architect
ACM SIGGRAPH SysMgr, Reporter
http://www.siggraph.org/
If ya'll think 2's enough and your handling it; no worries. If we want
another, I can do it also.

On 9/26/06 8:00 PM, "Justizin" <justizin@siggraph.org> wrote:

> Okay.
>
> ZoneEdit's import is broken, but zope.org zone is imported into their
> database.
>
> Who wants to run a slave?
>
> On 9/26/06, Martijn Faassen <faassen@infrae.com> wrote:
>> Justizin wrote:
>>> On 9/26/06, Martijn Faassen <faassen@infrae.com> wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> I'm glad to be the lead, and I'm glad for either of the other guys to
>>> be the lead. ;d
>>
>> You're the only one volunteering for this right now, as far as I can
>> see, so if you think you and Jens can get along after this DNS
>> initiation rite or whatever you two were having just now, you're now the
>> official lead. :) Great, thanks!
>>
>>> Whoever you decide to nag, I think the three of us can hammer this out.
>>
>> Excellent. By the way, are you a Zope Foundation member in any way? I'm
>> not sure whether it matters at this stage, just checking.

>>> Okay. We will need:
>>>
>>> * A copy of the existing zope.org zone files
>>> * Cooperation from rob@zope.org to change the NS record pointers
>>> * A list of people who need access in ZoneEdit
>>
>> I will contact Rob and try to get the ball rolling. I'll pass it back to
>> you guys as soon as possible.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Martijn

I haven't even got my responder up yet, to be honest.

I'll be moving my domains to zoneedit at the same time as zope.org.

I assume one of these is yours, and one of them jens' ?

cabana.palladion.com 69.44.155.17
ns1.dataflake.org 8.7.96.28

Justizin wrote:
> I haven't even got my responder up yet, to be honest.
>
> I'll be moving my domains to zoneedit at the same time as zope.org.
>
> I assume one of these is yours, and one of them jens' ?
>
> cabana.palladion.com 69.44.155.17

That'll be Tres (cc'ed in 'cos I don't know if he's on this list)

> ns1.dataflake.org 8.7.96.28

That'll be Jens.

cheers,

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Justizin wrote:
>> > Whoever you decide to nag, I think the three of us can hammer this out.
>>
>> Excellent. By the way, are you a Zope Foundation member in any way? I'm
>> not sure whether it matters at this stage, just checking.
>>

> Nope. Is there an organizational membership option? ;)

I'm not sure, depends on what you mean by that? :)

Regards,

Martijn
You didn't cc tres - but I'm sitting next to him, and informed him *we*
volunteered cabana if we want it.....Tres actually doesn't use cabana as a
nameserver - mainly me (unless the other guys have changed how the have
their domains setup).

Andrew Sawyers wrote:
> You didn't cc tres

Yeah, I know, but since Jens shouted at me shortly afterwards, I didn't
think I'd rectify the situation ;-)

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
Thanks to both of you.