column content must be fluid as well and work in various browser
window sizes. For instance, ample space will need to be given to any
floated images within text areas to prevent overlapping on larger
browser windows.
* Fixed overlapping nav text bug in Firefox/Linux.
* Updated the logo in the upper left to be include the Zope logo
and font (now image based).
* Tested in Firefox/Mac, Opera/Mac, Safari/Mac, Firefox/Linux.
Re: Zope Foundation Design 1 Version2 [ In reply to ]
Super! Go!

Lennart Regebro, Nuxeo http://www.nuxeo.com/
CPS Content Management http://www.cps-project.org/
Re: Zope Foundation Design 1 Version2 [ In reply to ]
Tom, that looks just great here (firefox 1.0.5.6, ubuntu dapper).

While there I clicked on your Heavy Metal Timeline and found it very
interesting.

Thanks!

-Simon

Re: Zope Foundation Design 1 Version2 [ In reply to ]
Tom Von Lahndorff wrote:

> http://www.modscape.com/zope
>
> Please let me know of any bugs and what your browsers/os setup is.
>
> Zope Foundation
> Design 1, Version 2
>
> * Changed the layout from fixed to fluid. Right column expands and
> contracts based on browser window size. This means that any right column
> content must be fluid as well and work in various browser window sizes.
> For instance, ample space will need to be given to any floated images
> within text areas to prevent overlapping on larger browser windows.
> * Fixed overlapping nav text bug in Firefox/Linux.
> * Updated the logo in the upper left to be include the Zope logo and
> font (now image based).
> * Tested in Firefox/Mac, Opera/Mac, Safari/Mac, Firefox/Linux.

Hey, thanks for this, great! I hadn't seen this just now and I would've
been a bit less testy in my response elsewhere in the thread just now. :)

The nav text bug is gone, so I can finally see the layout in all its glory.

Not surprisingly, I like this layout better than the fixed one.

So, some quick input which may influence me or not. :) Do you prefer the
fluid layout:

http://www.modscape.com/zope/foundation2/faq_html?foundsection=FAQ

or the fixed?

http://www.modscape.com/zope/foundation/faq_html?foundsection=FAQ

(linux ignore the nav bug, and imagine the second zope foundation logo)

Anyway, I'll start working on generating a site out of this with some
actual text. :)

Regards,

Martijn
Re: Zope Foundation Design 1 Version2 [ In reply to ]
I prefer the fluid layout from a visual perspective, and the fixed,
from a usability/readablity persepctive. Hence, I don't are which you
choose. :)

Stop bickering and Just Do It (tm). ;)
Re: Zope Foundation Design 1 Version2 [ In reply to ]
+1

Re: Zope Foundation Design 1 Version2 [ In reply to ]
On 9/5/06, Martijn Faassen <faassen@infrae.com> wrote:
> Okay, we'll go with the last one then (the fluid one).
>
> We might do another tweak the layout iteration later on, but right now
> let's move on to getting the text written.

Yay! Extreme web development by comitte! :)
Re: Zope Foundation Design 1 Version2 [ In reply to ]
Tom Von Lahndorff wrote:
> +1
>
> On Sep 5, 2006, at 6:31 AM, Lennart Regebro wrote:
>
>> I prefer the fluid layout from a visual perspective, and the fixed,
>> from a usability/readablity persepctive. Hence, I don't are which you
>> choose. :)
>>
>> Stop bickering and Just Do It (tm). ;)

Okay, we'll go with the last one then (the fluid one).

We might do another tweak the layout iteration later on, but right now
let's move on to getting the text written. See elsewhere on this mailing
list. :)

Thank you very much Tom!

Regards,

Martijn