under planet.zope.org.

We seem to have two alternatives: make planet.zope.org point directly to
planetzope.org by doing something DNSy, or alternatively setting up the
code that runs planet.zope.org on zope.org.

Michael, what kind of code is running behind planetzope.org? Where is it
hosted? What would have your preference?

Regards,

Martijn

Re: low-hanging fruit: planetzope.org to planet.zope.org? [ In reply to ]
Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> This would seem to be low-hanging fruit, as it already works.
>
> Right now we have planetzope.org. It'd be nice if we could put this
> under planet.zope.org.
>
> We seem to have two alternatives: make planet.zope.org point directly to
> planetzope.org by doing something DNSy, or alternatively setting up the
> code that runs planet.zope.org on zope.org.
>
> Michael, what kind of code is running behind planetzope.org? Where is it
> hosted? What would have your preference?

It is a custom mix of unix tools, mark pilgrims feedparser module and
CMF used for the frontend and storage.

There are just 2 files changing at http://planetzope.org, the web
representation (index_html) and the RSS file (feed_rss.xml). Easiest
solution is updating an adaption of both files every hour to a location
at (planet.)zope.org -- the next zope.org will likely grow its own
planet solution...

I'll create you a prototype for testing until the weekend.

Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m
http://planetzope.org