The latest and greatest. I'm working on the middle content well, but
the rest is pretty much done, including the nav.

http://www.modscape.com/zope
Re: version3 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 07:10:07 -0500, Tom Von Lahndorff wrote
> The latest and greatest. I'm working on the middle content well, but
> the rest is pretty much done, including the nav.
>
> http://www.modscape.com/zope

wow

that really is so much better than what we have now..

great work!

NSTP (M) BHD

Re: version3 [ In reply to ]
On 3/7/06, Tom Von Lahndorff <tom@modscape.com> wrote:

> The latest and greatest. I'm working on the middle content well, but
> the rest is pretty much done, including the nav.

It is really great looking!

But do we need menus, It doesn't hurt usability though, IMO.
(I am not a usability expert)

Regards,
Baiju M
Re: version3 [ In reply to ]
Tom Von Lahndorff wrote:

> The latest and greatest. I'm working on the middle content well, but the
> rest is pretty much done, including the nav.
>
> http://www.modscape.com/zope

I like it a lot :-)

Could loose the "Zope Powered Sites" bit, I don't think it belongs on
the front page...

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
Re: version3 [ In reply to ]
The content well (ZPowered Sites, News, and Products) are all going to
go.....We have someone working on some text for the homepage now.

Re: version3 [ In reply to ]
On 3/7/06, baiju m <baiju.m.mail@gmail.com> wrote:
> But do we need menus, It doesn't hurt usability though, IMO.

It is important that in every menu, the main item should be clickable
and go to a page where you can select all of the subitems, in case you
are on a browser that desn't support JS, or sucks. If this is true,
then menus are acceptable.

--
Lennart Regebro, Nuxeo http://www.nuxeo.com/
CPS Content Management http://www.cps-project.org/
Re: version3 [ In reply to ]
The navigation is an unordered list. The dropdowns functionality comes from
CSS, execpt for a small IE hack because IE doesnt support onhover yet. I
beleive IE 7 will. So basically, text based browsers will get and unordered
list, everything else will get the fancy css dropdown. The only issue is IE
(6) with javascript turned off. If thats the case though I'd imagine you
wouldn't be able to use about 90% of websites today.

I've intentionally kept the html clean so that without the stylesheet it
will render in a nice readable fashion. I read slashdot on my phone all the
time, so good html is important to me.