Mailing List Archive

zopeweb: about section
I'd like to split up the 'about' section a bit further and want to
reintroduce the 'microsites' idea.

'About/Zope Technology' (currently at
http://codespeak.net/svn/z3/zopeweb/trunk/content/about/about.txt)
would be one main section of the 'About' area::

- Zope Technology
- Microsites
* ZMI + link to Documentation sections
* ZPT + ...
* CA + ...
* ZODB + ...
* SQL + ...
* Catalog + ...
* Security + ...
* ZEO + ...
* i18n + ...
* Scripting + ...
* Extending + ...
* Web protocols + ...
* python + ...
* object publishing + ...

If you agree, i'll create the folder structure for the microsites and
move the current descriptions into there.

The 'About' area iself could be structured into something like::

- What is Zope
- An Introduction to Zope
- Zope Architecture

- Zope Technology
- Microsites
... see above

- Zope Success Stories
- Who uses Zope
- Case Studies
- Testimonials
- Zope Powered Sites
- Zope Solution Providers + link to Community sections

- Zope Universe
- Who Maintains Zope
- dev.zope.org
- svn.zope.org
- mail.zope.org
- zope.com

but i'm actively searching for a better structure.

Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m
http://planetzope.org

Re: zopeweb: about section [ In reply to ]
On 2/9/06, Michael Haubenwallner <michael@d2m.at> wrote:
> I'd like to split up the 'about' section a bit further and want to
> reintroduce the 'microsites' idea.

This will be good, but I think no need of creating directories
under 'zopeweb/content/about/'

for example, what about moving content/about/i18n/index.txt
to content/about/i18n.txt
similary all other sub-directories (ca/,scripting/,sql/ etc.)

Regards,
Baiju M
Re: zopeweb: about section [ In reply to ]
baiju m schrieb:
> On 2/9/06, Michael Haubenwallner <michael@d2m.at> wrote:
>
>>I'd like to split up the 'about' section a bit further and want to
>>reintroduce the 'microsites' idea.
>

> This will be good, but I think no need of creating directories
> under 'zopeweb/content/about/'
>
> for example, what about moving content/about/i18n/index.txt
> to content/about/i18n.txt
> similary all other sub-directories (ca/,scripting/,sql/ etc.)

You are right, it might be too much atm.
I'll reduce it to files now (but we likely will split it at a later time
again).

Michael

--
http://www.zope.org/Members/d2m