get published?

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
Re: Published by mistake? [ In reply to ]
Chris Withers wrote:
> How did http://www.zope.org/Members/ingeniweb2/AttachmentField%20-%201.3RC2
> get published?

"Information" on the SWRelease page links to
http://ingeniweb.sourceforge.net/Products/#AttachmentField

There are a few members/companies that prefer to *not* store the
products on zope.org anymore but use the Feature to 'announce' their
releases. The templates *do not allow* to attach descriptive information
to a SWReleaseFile. The use of SWReleases inside SWPackages (which could
have descriptional text) only is not enforced by the workflow.

Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m
http://planetzope.org

Re: Published by mistake? [ In reply to ]
On Mar 26, 2005, at 11:10, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> Chris Withers wrote:
>> How did
>> http://www.zope.org/Members/ingeniweb2/AttachmentField%20-%201.3RC2
>> get published?
>
> "Information" on the SWRelease page links to
> http://ingeniweb.sourceforge.net/Products/#AttachmentField
>
> There are a few members/companies that prefer to *not* store the
> products on zope.org anymore but use the Feature to 'announce' their
> releases. The templates *do not allow* to attach descriptive
> information to a SWReleaseFile. The use of SWReleases inside
> SWPackages (which could have descriptional text) only is not enforced
> by the workflow.

Please do not reject that, Chris.

The choice of not uploading the actual product to zope.org is valid.
Matter of fact the next software *will* have knobs so that the author
can select whether to store actual files on the site or point to them
elsewhere - the current software is not equipped well to deal with that
situation. Matter of fact that's exactly what *I* do with all my
software products, the actual files are always on my own website.

I have published the item again.

jens

Re: Published by mistake? [ In reply to ]
Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> "Information" on the SWRelease page links to
> http://ingeniweb.sourceforge.net/Products/#AttachmentField
>
> There are a few members/companies that prefer to *not* store the
> products on zope.org anymore but use the Feature to 'announce' their
> releases. The templates *do not allow* to attach descriptive information
> to a SWReleaseFile. The use of SWReleases inside SWPackages (which could
> have descriptional text) only is not enforced by the workflow.

Many apologies. Does anyone have an ingeniweb email so I can apologise
there too?

I didn't even see the content, it just looked like a blank template.

Oh well, onward may Nanzo march...

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk