Mailing List Archive

ZopeEditManager 0.9.8 and mac OSSierra
Anyone knows if ZopeEditManager 0.9.8 works with mac OSSierra?

Thanks a lot,

Giampiero
Re: ZopeEditManager 0.9.8 and mac OSSierra [ In reply to ]
Am 10.08.2017 um 15:07 schrieb Giampiero Benvenuti <giampiero.benvenuti@chiaroscuro.com>:
> Anyone knows if ZopeEditManager 0.9.8 works with mac OSSierra?

The last time I used and fixed it was 10.7:
https://icemac15.wordpress.com/2011/08/16/zopeeditmanager-for-mac-os-x-lion/

I think my patch got merged upstream.
But there seems to be a successor:
http://zacbir.net/blog/2013/05/01/zem-0-9-9/

Did you already try ZopeEditManager 0.9.8 works with mac OSSierra?
Where there any error messages?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Michael Howitz

Re: ZopeEditManager 0.9.8 and mac OSSierra [ In reply to ]
Hi Michael,

thanks for your message.

no, I’haven’t try ZopeEditManager 0.9.8 with mac OSSierra yet. That’s why I resist to upgrade to OSSierra… I use ZopeEditManager all the time and it would be a big loss.

On my macs I run Yosemite 10.10.5 and ZopeEditManager 0.9.8 runs just fine.

What would be the smart move?

Thank You,

Giampiero

Re: ZopeEditManager 0.9.8 and mac OSSierra [ In reply to ]
Am 11.08.2017 um 19:40 schrieb Giampiero Benvenuti <giampiero.benvenuti@chiaroscuro.com>:
> Hi Michael,
>
> thanks for your message.
>
> no, I’haven’t try ZopeEditManager 0.9.8 with mac OSSierra yet. That’s why I resist to upgrade to OSSierra… I use ZopeEditManager all the time and it would be a big loss.
>
> On my macs I run Yosemite 10.10.5 and ZopeEditManager 0.9.8 runs just fine.
>
> What would be the smart move?

I am running 10.12.6 (Sierra). I downloaded ZopeEditManager 0.9.8 from the URL referenced in my blog post and started it.
It did start up very well and I was able to access the preferences and change them.
But nowadays I do not have a Zope installation where I have WebDAV support for editing the files in the ZMI, so I cannot try out this for you.
If you can point me to such an installation, I can check this for you, too.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Michael Howitz