Mailing List Archive

Product CalendarTag on zope2.13.19
Hello!

I'm running a zope2.13.19 instance on my mac. I intstalled the product Calendar version 1.0.19

I adjusted the file __init__.py

Change the line:

from ImageFile import ImageFile

with:

from App.ImageFile import ImageFile

so far so good.

Still, one problem is this type of error:

SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xf1' in file /Applications/zope21319/Products/Calendar/CalendarTag.py on line 139, but no encoding declared;

Is pointing to lines containing non ASCII character such as this one:

'pl': ('StyczeÒ','Luty','Marzec','KwiecieÒ','Maj','Czerwiec','Lipiec','SierpieÒ','WrzesieÒ','Paºdziernik','Listopad','GrudzieÒ')

What is the best way to take care of this issue?
Of course, the fastest is to get rid of some languages... not good.

It could be nice to release a complete working version of the product.

Please give me some hints.

Thank You,

Giampiero
Re: Product CalendarTag on zope2.13.19 [ In reply to ]

Re: Product CalendarTag on zope2.13.19 [ In reply to ]
Re: Product CalendarTag on zope2.13.19 [ In reply to ]
Thanks so much for your tips!
I'm running out right now.
I'll be testing and reporting tomorrow.

Giampiero

Re: Product CalendarTag on zope2.13.19 [ In reply to ]
Thanks Johannes and Tres,

the trick you both suggested works!

I am forced to use this old product because I'll need to migrate a site (from zope2.10) that is using it.
The Calendar product comes from here:

http://old.zope.org/Members/teyc/CalendarTag/

Now, that the Calendar works, what should we do with it?
Release it again with a new version number, or just forget about it? (It is old, indeed).

regards,

Giampiero

Re: Product CalendarTag on zope2.13.19 [ In reply to ]
Really you need this?
Maybeyou could use a calendar with javascript
just one example http://javascriptcalendar.org/javascript-date-picker.php
I'm sure that exists many more

2013/3/28 Giampiero Benvenuti <giampiero.benvenuti@chiaroscuro.com>

> Thanks Johannes and Tres,
>
> the trick you both suggested works!
>
> I am forced to use this old product because I'll need to migrate a site
> (from zope2.10) that is using it.
> The Calendar product comes from here:
>
> http://old.zope.org/Members/teyc/CalendarTag/
>
> Now, that the Calendar works, what should we do with it?
> Release it again with a new version number, or just forget about it? (It
> is old, indeed).
>
> regards,
>
> Giampiero

Lo bueno de vivir un dia mas
es saber que nos queda un dia menos de vida
Re: Product CalendarTag on zope2.13.19 [ In reply to ]
I know Miguel, I see your point. And yes I use js calendars as well.

As I said, I need this product in order to migrate a site...

In any case this morning I got an email from someone asking for it.

The Calendar-tag product is here:

http://www.staticfiles.it/clients/chiaroscuro/zope/products/CalendarTag-1.0.20.tar.gz

I change the version number from 1.0.19 to 1.0.20.

I hope I did the right thing.

Best,

Giampiero