Mailing List Archive

zope programming: few queries
List,

Let me request your patience and time, I am a zope newbe trying to get
some light in the darkness.

I am trying to learn zope2 for the last couple of months, reading and
doing zope2 documentations and sample file based python product
developments.

I know Zope s advanced a lot more than a decade(and zope3 / bluebream is
the there now) but I just started few months back, sorry for my ignorance
and lack of opportunity to start at the early stage.

I have gone through zope2 docs and other tutorials on zope, and tried a
couple of file base zope products.

But I am unable to find/ do a complete user registration module for zope
sites. and small session handling applications like a shopping cart
which use session management techniques.

1 how zope.org is doing user login/register/password retrieval
module, or how people like you add a user registration/login/password
retrieval module for your zope sites.

I searched a lot and learned the acl_users folder properites,

and can do manually add users with these code excerpts.

self.manage_addUserFolder()

self.acl_users.userFolderAddUser('user1', 'passwd',
['Member','Admin'], [] )
self.acl_users.userFolderAddUser('user2', 'passwd', ['Member',
'Managers'], [] )
self.acl_users.userFolderAddUser('user3', 'passwd', ['Member',
'Manager','Admin'], [])

etc. but unable to do a user registration module using acl_users and
its web interface .

By reading BetaBoring and some other tutorials in upfront systems zope
course, devshed.com tutorials I think I am in the right track of
zope2 learning.

2. I have done a sample application, but I dont know how to clear the
normal zope user credentials when a sample user clicks a logout link

here some sample code :

I added an anchor <a href ="logout" > Logout </a> tag for logout in
my pageTemplate name as myPage.zpt

from AccessControl import ClassSecurityInfo
security = ClassSecurityInfo()
security.declareProtected('adminroles', 'myPage')
myPage = PageTemplateFile(
os.path.join('views', 'myPage.zpt'), globals())

and I added few sample users such as user1, user2, user3 etc to
acl_users with sample password 'passwd'

self.acl_users.userFolderAddUser('user1', 'passwd',
['Member','Admin'], [] )
self.acl_users.userFolderAddUser('user2', 'passwd', ['Member',
'Managers'], [] )
self.acl_users.userFolderAddUser('user3', 'passwd', ['Member',
'Manager','Admin'], [])

and when I access the protected page 'myPage' it asks me for acl_user
credentials and I am able to enter sample users and password and it
allows me to view the page 'myPage'

But problem when I click the Logout Link in the myPage( <a
href="logout"> Logout</a>) then it call a logout.zpt
page template there I display a message you logged out , and return the
login.zpt page.

but in the login.zpt page if you enter anything I mean garbage for
username and password field it allows to view the myPage.( this happens
once you logged in first time with the credentials).

How to clear these zope acl_users credentials once you click the logout
link which in turn call a logout.zpt template.

If you have some sample / demo applications to show how to do these
issues, can you share me those. I am stuck in this point in zope.

if any such application code/related works to follow it will help me a lot.

Thank You
kkchn