Mailing List Archive

Zope - Oracle Database Connection
Hi Zope Gurus ,

i am new to oracle and php . i am developing a web appplication using PHP , Python , Zope and Oracle .

My question is how can i make database connection to oracle in zope ?

i have installed DCOracleda for oracle . but i didn't make connection in zope to oracle ! Zope won't display the connection adapter .

Is there any other methods available , please let me know the procedures to connect

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Nachs

Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at HMA or helpdesk@cashlinkglobal.com immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

Re: Zope - Oracle Database Connection [ In reply to ]
If you are on Windows, you might consider using something based on ODBC
(mxODBC (commercial but considered good) or some free variant (check
zope.org)). If you are on Unix, you might consider installing cxoracle
(for the Python bindings to Oracle) + SQLAlchemy as ORM (re-using
cxoracle). If you do SQL programming, look at SQLAlchemyDA on top of
SQLAlchemy or do ORM programming directly on the ORM layer...maybe you
explain what your goal is.

-aj

On 01.12.2008 5:42 Uhr, Nachiyappan wrote:
> Hi Zope Gurus ,
>
> i am new to oracle and php . i am developing a web appplication using PHP , Python , Zope and Oracle .
>
> My question is how can i make database connection to oracle in zope ?
>
> i have installed DCOracleda for oracle . but i didn't make connection in zope to oracle ! Zope won't display the connection adapter .
>
> Is there any other methods available , please let me know the procedures to connect
>
> Thanks in Advance
>

> Regards
>
> Nachs
>

> Confidentiality Notice
>
> The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at HMA or helpdesk@cashlinkglobal.com immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

Web: www.zopyx.com - Email: info@zopyx.com - Phone +49 - 7071 - 793376
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, Handelsregister A 381535
Geschäftsführer/Gesellschafter: ZOPYX Limited, Birmingham, UK
Re: Zope - Oracle Database Connection [ In reply to ]
Nachiyappan wrote at 2008-12-1 10:12 +0530:
>i have installed DCOracleda for oracle . but i didn't make connection in zope to oracle ! Zope won't display the connection adapter .

Something went wrong with your installation.

First of all "DCOracleDA" needs "DCOracle" to be installed.
"DCOracle" contains C code which needs to be compiled.
Have you carefully followed the installation instructions?

If "DCOracleDA" is in your "Products" folder, you should see
some problem during startup when it does not work correctly.

Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to get information about
startup problems. Essentially, you need to start Zope in the "foreground"
and it must not run in production mode.
Under *nix (and Windows with very recent Zope versions), "zopectl fg"
can be used for this.
Watch out "Could not import XXXX".

--
Dieter