Mailing List Archive

DCOracle2 installation, I'm missing header files
Hi all,

I'm following this guide to installing DCOracle2:

http://www.zope.org/Members/jetfu/HowToInstallDcOracle2/howto_view

'make' fails with and indicates I should check that requisite header
files are in the right spot:

dco2.c: At top level:
dco2.c:1241: warning: array `TypeTable' assumed to have one element
dco2.c:1241: storage size of `TypeTable' isn't known
make[1]: *** [dco2.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/DCOracle2/src'
---------------------------------------
There were errors building the dco2 module. This could be because of a
coding error in the dco2 module, or because your Oracle environment is
not set up properly. Please double check that your Oracle environment is
properly established, and that the proper header files exist (e.g.
$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo/*.h).

Now, as part of the installation, it looks like I change the location
to look for headers to 'rdbms/public', and it looks like I have header
files in the location rdbms/public and ORACLE_HOME is set correctly:

$ ls $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/public/

nzerror.h occiAQ.h occiControl.h occi.h oci1.h
ociap.h ocidef.h ocidfn.h oci.h ocixmldb.h oratypes.h ori.h
oro.h xa.h
nzt.h occiCommon.h occiData.h occiObjects.h oci8dp.h
ociapr.h ocidem.h ociextp.h ocikpr.h odci.h orid.h orl.h
ort.h

Anyone spot what I'm doing wrong?
Re: DCOracle2 installation, I'm missing header files [ In reply to ]
David Durham, Jr. wrote:
> Anyone spot what I'm doing wrong?

You're using DCOracle2 instead of cxOracle ;-)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cx-oracle/

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
Re: DCOracle2 installation, I'm missing header files [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 6:09 PM, Chris Withers <chris@simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> David Durham, Jr. wrote:
>
> > Anyone spot what I'm doing wrong?
> >

> You're using DCOracle2 instead of cxOracle ;-)
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/cx-oracle/

Oh, ok. Is there a Zope DB adapter for cxOracle?

Thanks,

Dave
Re: DCOracle2 installation, I'm missing header files [ In reply to ]
On 2008-04-04 01:38, David Durham, Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 6:09 PM, Chris Withers <chris@simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
>> David Durham, Jr. wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone spot what I'm doing wrong?
>>>
>> You're using DCOracle2 instead of cxOracle ;-)
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/cx-oracle/
>
> Oh, ok. Is there a Zope DB adapter for cxOracle?

If you're looking for a stable Zope DA interface to Oracle,
you might want to try our mxODBC Zope DA:

http://www.egenix.com/products/zope/mxODBCZopeDA/

You can use it with the Oracle Instant Client:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/oci/instantclient/index.html

(be sure to download the ODBC supplement)

or the Oracle client that came with your Oracle DB.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, May 13 2008)

Re: DCOracle2 installation, I'm missing header files [ In reply to ]
M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> Oh, ok. Is there a Zope DB adapter for cxOracle?
>
> If you're looking for a stable Zope DA interface to Oracle,
> you might want to try our mxODBC Zope DA:
>
> http://www.egenix.com/products/zope/mxODBCZopeDA/

cxOracle is pretty stable, and doesn't require you going near ODBC ;-)

cheers,

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Re: DCOracle2 installation, I'm missing header files [ In reply to ]
On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 6:26 AM, Chris Withers <chris@simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh, ok. Is there a Zope DB adapter for cxOracle?
>>
>> If you're looking for a stable Zope DA interface to Oracle,
>> you might want to try our mxODBC Zope DA:
>>
>> http://www.egenix.com/products/zope/mxODBCZopeDA/
>
> cxOracle is pretty stable, and doesn't require you going near ODBC ;-)

That's what I went with. Works great so far.