I used Zope 2.7.3 and Plone 2.0.4

Thanks

Dinhnh

Re: Vietnamese charater displayed not correctly! [ In reply to ]
--On 10. August 2006 10:04:58 +0700 NGUYEN HUU DINH
<DINHNH.EVNIT@evn.com.vn> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I used mxodbc connected to MSSQL Server to get vietnamese data and
> displayed it in portlets. But vietnamese characters displayed not
> correctly, question mark appeared!!! I've set the encoding to utf-8 but I
> don't know why.

Which encoding?

*You* must ensure that you receive your data from database as Python
Unicode strings or UTF-8. If your database encoding is XXXX you *can't*
expect that the data will be shown correctly.

-aj
Re: Vietnamese charater displayed not correctly! [ In reply to ]
--On 10. August 2006 06:31:04 +0200 Andreas Jung <lists@zopyx.com> wrote:

> --On 10. August 2006 10:04:58 +0700 NGUYEN HUU DINH
> <DINHNH.EVNIT@evn.com.vn> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I used mxodbc connected to MSSQL Server to get vietnamese data and
>> displayed it in portlets. But vietnamese characters displayed not
>> correctly, question mark appeared!!! I've set the encoding to utf-8 but I
>> don't know why.
>
> Which encoding?
>
> *You* must ensure that you receive your data from database as Python
> Unicode strings or UTF-8. If your database encoding is XXXX you *can't*
> expect that the data will be shown correctly.

In addition you must ensure that the HTML page is sent out with a
content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8 HTTP header. You
RESPONSE.setHeader() to set the header.

-aj
Re: Vietnamese charater displayed not correctly! [ In reply to ]
NGUYEN HUU DINH wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used mxodbc connected to MSSQL Server to get vietnamese data and displayed
> it in portlets. But vietnamese characters displayed not correctly, question
> mark appeared!!! I've set the encoding to utf-8 but I don't know why. Can
> you help me.
> See the website with error: http://demo.evn.com.vn
> I used Zope 2.7.3 and Plone 2.0.4

Dear all,

This customer has requested commercial support (including a
demonstration of the solution on an equivalent system) from eGenix in
relation this but seems to be having second thoughts about actually
paying for the support.

Charlie
Re: Vietnamese charater displayed not correctly! [ In reply to ]
--On 10. August 2006 11:16:27 +0200 Charlie Clark <charlie@egenix.com>
wrote:

> NGUYEN HUU DINH wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I used mxodbc connected to MSSQL Server to get vietnamese data and
>> displayed it in portlets. But vietnamese characters displayed not
>> correctly, question mark appeared!!! I've set the encoding to utf-8 but
>> I don't know why. Can you help me.
>> See the website with error: http://demo.evn.com.vn
>> I used Zope 2.7.3 and Plone 2.0.4
>
> Dear all,
>
> This customer has requested commercial support (including a demonstration
> of the solution on an equivalent system) from eGenix in relation this but
> seems to be having second thoughts about actually paying for the support.

Annoying behavior ...

-aj