and
REgard
DNIS

Re: regarding zope [ In reply to ]
--On 5. Juli 2006 18:56:23 +0530 techmail@digital-nirvana.com wrote:

> Hi all
>
> i am developing a project using Zope 2.7.6-final, python 2.3.5 on debian
> linux.
> Wheneever i make changes in python script or any thing regarding project.
> it is not get effected.

What means "not get effected"? When you can scripts through the ZMI then
the changes are directly effective. Caching issues?

-aj

P.S. you're on the wrong list. Please use zope@zope.org instead...no idea
why you are using the DB list?
Re: regarding zope [ In reply to ]
techmail@digital-nirvana.com wrote at 2006-7-5 18:56 +0530:
>i am developing a project using Zope 2.7.6-final, python 2.3.5 on debian
>linux.
>Wheneever i make changes in python script or any thing regarding project.
>it is not get effected.

Are you sure, your Zope is running in "debug mode"?

Otherwise, a restart is necessary that Zope sees a change.

--
Dieter
Re: regarding zope [ In reply to ]
Hi All,
Hi Dieter,

Thank u for ur reply.

I restarted zope somany times but there is no affect.

I add python script to my project and make some changes
But those changes are not working.
Even if Comment some of those functions,they are working.
I cleared cache using zope control panel.

Tell me is there any thing else to make it work my project
Its very urgent

Thanks and Regards
DNIS

AW: regarding zope [ In reply to ]
If you rename your python script, and then add a new one with the changed content,
Does this help?

I remember we had once a problem with Zope 2.6, but it is long time since them - now using Zope 2.7/2.8
And we are using Filesystem Directory View and keep our scripts in the filesystem (CVS likes that)
So the rules for updating may be different there

Note that "has no effect" could also be caused on the client side as the browsers (user agens) usually do caching too,
So you may get the same result again in spite of having changed scripts on the server side.

Peter

Re: regarding zope [ In reply to ]
techmail@digital-nirvana.com wrote at 2006-7-6 10:16 +0530:
>I add python script to my project and make some changes
>But those changes are not working.

What is "your project"?
What types of "python script" are you speaking of?

There are at least 4 types of Python Scripts:

* standard Python source files, imported as modules and packages

* "Script (Python)": Python functions in persistent Zope objects

* "FSPythonScript": similar to "Script (Python)" but stored
on the file system

* "ExternalMethod": persistent object reading in a function
from a source file in an "Extensions" directory.

If you change something, you should see the change -- at least
after a restart.

If you do not, then this means that actually a different object
is used (and not the one you have changed).

If you anwser the questions above, I may be able to
give you some hints how you can find out which object
is really used.

--
Dieter