Windows XP

Thank you
Dario

Re: MySQL [ In reply to ]
Ciao Dario,

> I want to use MySQL in my Zope Installation.
> But I'm not able to install software (I don't really understand what
> shall I use and what shall I do...) I'm using
> Zope: 2.8.1
> MySQL 4.1
> Windows XP

You have to install "MySQL for Python":
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python

Copy the "ZMySQLDA" Zope Product in your Protucts-folder:
http://www.zope.org/Members/adustman/Products/ZMySQLDA

Restart zope.

Log in as manager in the ZMI and add a "Z MySQL Database Connection"
with the correspondig info of your server.
After that you can use the "SQL Method" to query your MySQL server via
the "Z MySQL Database Connection".

Cheers,
Michele

--
michele.marcionelli@math.ethz.ch / phone: +41 44 632 6193
eth zentrum / hg g 14 / raemistrasse 101 - ch-8092 zurich

!DSPAM:4358c39817241410093335!

MySQL [ In reply to ]
Grazie michele,
When I try to execute MySQL-python.exe-1.2.0.win32-py2.4.exe I receive a
message Box saying: "...MSVCR71.dll not found" (I receive a message in
italian..) Thanks Dario

Dario Antonelli - SYREA srl
via Archimede, 10
20129 Milano - ITALY
e-mail: dario.antonelli@syrea.it
web: www.syrea.it
tel: +39-02-55194765
+39-02-55194806
+39-02-5516153
fax: +39-0255180041

Re: MySQL [ In reply to ]
> When I try to execute MySQL-python.exe-1.2.0.win32-py2.4.exe I receive
> message Box saying: "...MSVCR71.dll not found" (I receive a message in
> italian..) Thanks Dario

I'm sorry, but I don't live in the Windows world...

With a quick google-search I found:

".NET Framework SDK Version 1.1: Provides the core
msvcrt.lib for msvcr71.dll against which to link your
extensions. [...]"

Maybe you should try to install it also:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/

Cheers,
Michele

Re: MySQL [ In reply to ]
Dario Antonelli wrote:
> Grazie michele,
> When I try to execute MySQL-python.exe-1.2.0.win32-py2.4.exe I receive a
> message Box saying: "...MSVCR71.dll not found"

Zope doesn't run with Python 2.4, try downloading the right file ;-)

The nasty bit of the dance is that to use the windows installers for
MySQLdb you need a plain Python 2.3 install. You then need to install
the right MySQLdb version, then install Zope, creat an instance home,
create a lib/python in that instance home and then copy the MySQLdb
stuff from your plain python install to the lib/python in your zope
instance home.

Sux, dunnit?

Chris
- http://www.simplistix.co.uk