Mailing List Archive

DCOracle2 1.3.beta common Problem, where to get latest build?
Hi everyone,

Oracle 9i works fine with SQLPlus on my Suse 8.2 machine with Zope
2.7.5-final.

I downloaded and installed DCOracle 1.3 beta from
http://www.zope.org/Members/matt/dco2. A few problems with compiling
where resolved easily.

Now I get that infamous error
Module Products.DCOracle2.DCOracle2.DCOracle2, line 185, in connect
BadRequest: <strong>Invalid connection string:
</strong><CODE>xxx/xxx@DESY</CODE><br>
<!--
dco2.DatabaseError
(1107016384, '\x88\xcb\x13\x08\x90K(@t\xd9\x7f\xbc\xab\x1d\x02')
-->

I read up on mailing lists and found that someone says that there's a
newer version out
"Also, the latest cvs build of dco2.so is 1.137 or so, so you're running
about 8 patches behind at your current code base."

Where can I get a more recent version of DCOacle 2?
Or has anyone any other hint on how to resolve this?

Cheers /Carsten

Re: DCOracle2 1.3.beta common Problem, where to get latest build? [ In reply to ]
You can get the newer code from cvs.zope.org. The particular error
your getting usually indicates a permission problem with ORACLE_HOME's
directory or not having the ORACLE_HOME environment variable set
properly. The libraries can't even read the message repository in this
instance.

RE: DCOracle2 1.3.beta common Problem, where to get latest build? [ In reply to ]
Gah! Think simple, Carsten... Although I tested everything the
environment variables didn't find their way into that specific instance.
Fixed that and works now.
Question: Should I get the latest DCO from the cvs anyway or should I
better stay with 1.3b?

Cheers /Carsten