Mailing List Archive

[ATTN]: CMF and related packages moved to svn.zope.org
Hi everyone,

I just finished migrating the CMF and related projects from
cvs.zope.org to svn.zope.org, from CVS to Subversion. All tags and
branches have moved, unlike Zope itself there won't be some
development using CVS and some using Subversion. These are the packages:

- CMF
- CMF_Hotfixes
- CMF_Extras

They packages became new toplevel projects at svn.zope.org, as can be
seen here:

http://svn.zope.org/

Pending final agreement on the CMF list (or an overriding word from
the CMF Pope himself) svn.zope.org will now be the canonical location
for CMF sources. They are accessed just like Zope 2.8 and Zope trunk
as described here:

http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/ZopeSVNFAQ

The only difference is, of course, the last element in the path.
Eveerything else works as described in the document linked above. The
packages are at...

/repos/main/[CMF|CMF_Extras|CMF_Hotfixes]

***To all CMF developers***:

Please change your sandboxes and convert them to SVN. If you see any
problem please make it known on the CMF list as soon as possible. No
data is lost on cvs.zope.org, so if there are show-stoppers we can
always switch back to using CVS. Please **do not** commit into
cvs.zope.org or svn.zope.org until we have a "yay" or "nay" on which
repository we go forward with.

***Next steps***:

If we have agreement on using svn.zope.org a couple cleanup tasks
need to be done, such as...

- "Close off" or "freeze" the CMF projects on cvs.zope.org to either
disallow checkins or bring up big fat warnings if someone tries to.
Input and ideas on this are welcome, if it was up to me I would use
the "commitinfo" file in the CVSROOT to completely prevent updates as
the first step.

- Change any references to cvs.zope.org in the CMF code to their
svn.zope.org equivalents

- Change any references to cvs.zope.org on the project web pages,
mostly http://www.zope.org/Products/CMF, to point to the svn.zope.org
equivalent

- Change any download instructions that use CVS to instructions for SVN

jens

Re: [ATTN]: CMF and related packages moved to svn.zope.org [ In reply to ]
Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> - "Close off" or "freeze" the CMF projects on cvs.zope.org to either
> disallow checkins or bring up big fat warnings if someone tries to.
> Input and ideas on this are welcome, if it was up to me I would use the
> "commitinfo" file in the CVSROOT to completely prevent updates as the
> first step.

I like the way this was done with Zope's CVS: the HEAD was cvs delete'ed
and files cvs add'ed saying where to go look for the new versions...

cheers,

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
Re: [ATTN]: CMF and related packages moved to svn.zope.org [ In reply to ]
On 17 Jul 2005, at 20:31, Chris Withers wrote:

> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>
>> - "Close off" or "freeze" the CMF projects on cvs.zope.org to
>> either disallow checkins or bring up big fat warnings if someone
>> tries to. Input and ideas on this are welcome, if it was up to me
>> I would use the "commitinfo" file in the CVSROOT to completely
>> prevent updates as the first step.
>>

> I like the way this was done with Zope's CVS: the HEAD was cvs
> delete'ed and files cvs add'ed saying where to go look for the new
> versions...

Right. (Here comes out my CVS ignorance:) Does CVS recursively delete
whole projects or does this require some script that deletes folder
contents before the folder can be removed? I dimly remember having
tried to cvs remove folders at some point and it wouldn't let me.

This would have to happen in conjunction with my earlier suggestion
about using commitinfo since unlike the Zope repo we really want to
completely prevent checkins.

jens

Re: [ATTN]: CMF and related packages moved to svn.zope.org [ In reply to ]