a clue about why it's logging much more stuff to the console and the
output looks sooooooo different?

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei@awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true
http://www.enfoldsystems.com
http://plone.org/about/team#dreamcatcher

<itamar|nyc> twisted is what medusa should've been, I think
Re: Logging and Zope 2.8 [ In reply to ]

Re: Re: Logging and Zope 2.8 [ In reply to ]
On Apr 7, 2005, at 2:09, Tres Seaver wrote:
> At "INFO" level, I think 2.8 logs even less than 2.7; "BLATHER" level
> is a lot noiser, however. I have no earthly idea why we default the
> logging level to "all" (but 2.7 did to); "INFO" is a much more
> reasonable default.

Yes, that logging level "all" should definitely be changed to either
"INFO" or maybe "DEBUG". It's a constant annoyance when creating new
instance homes. Who's doing the honors (I could but I'm traveling until
Sunday)?

jens

Re: Re: Logging and Zope 2.8 [ In reply to ]
Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> Yes, that logging level "all" should definitely be changed to either
> "INFO" or maybe "DEBUG". It's a constant annoyance when creating new
> instance homes. Who's doing the honors (I could but I'm traveling until
> Sunday)?

Where do the honours need doing? skel?

cheers,

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
Re: Logging and Zope 2.8 [ In reply to ]
Re: Logging and Zope 2.8 [ In reply to ]

Re: Re: Logging and Zope 2.8 [ In reply to ]
On Apr 7, 2005, at 15:50, Chris Withers wrote:

> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>> Yes, that logging level "all" should definitely be changed to either
>> "INFO" or maybe "DEBUG". It's a constant annoyance when creating new
>> instance homes. Who's doing the honors (I could but I'm traveling
>> until Sunday)?
>
> Where do the honours need doing? skel?

I think you can search for something like zope.conf.in and that's it

jens

Re: Logging and Zope 2.8 [ In reply to ]
Tres Seaver wrote:
>>Where do the honours need doing? skel?
>
> Yup. 'skel/etc/zope.conf.in'

Done for Zope 2.7 branch, Andreas had already done it for the svn head.

cheers,

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk