--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei@awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true
http://www.enfoldsystems.com
http://plone.org/about/team#dreamcatcher

I've never been canoeing before, but I imagine there must be just a few
simple heuristics you have to remember...

Yes, don't fall out, and don't hit rocks.
Re: Large Files and WebDAV [ In reply to ]
--On Mittwoch, 3. November 2004 18:29 Uhr -0200 Sidnei da Silva
<sidnei@awkly.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've made some changes to webdav.NullResource and added a ZConfig
> directive to control the threshold where temporary files are created
> for big requests. NullResource uses this threshold to decide between
> reading a chunk of the file and reading the whole file when calling
> the PUT_Factory.
>
> If anyone could quickly review the changes, the patch is attached and
> I've created branches from 2.7 and trunk which are ready to merge,
> just pending a OK from the powers-that-be.

The patch looks fine to me. Maybe merge it into the SVN first and let us
test it there
a bit.

This patch not only affects uploads through WebDAV but also through FTP and
HTTP POST, right?

Andreas
Re: Large Files and WebDAV [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 07:10:48AM +0100, Andreas Jung wrote:
| The patch looks fine to me. Maybe merge it into the SVN first and let us
| test it there
| a bit.

You mean merge to the trunk? It's in a branch currently.
http://svn.zope.org/Zope/branches/dc-large_file-branch/

| This patch not only affects uploads through WebDAV but also through FTP and
| HTTP POST, right?

Right. However FTP needs more fixing in ZServer/FTPServer.py the file
is read into a StringIO(), thus defeating the purpose. It should use
the same approach as HTTPServer.py and read into a temporary file
IMHO. I don't have the resources to fix that right now but can come
back to it in the future.

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei@awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true