bugs showing up.

Keep your fingers crossed,
Andreas
Re: Zope 2.8 coming [ In reply to ]
Andreas Jung wrote:
> HI all,
>
> I just fixed the last problem that I considered as show stopper for Zope
> 2.8.
> My plan is to release 2.8 alpha 1 early next week if there are no other
> severe
> bugs showing up.
>
> Keep your fingers crossed,

Hey,

I saw the alpha was released, am back from vacation, and thought I'd
give it a shot. It doesn't seem to want to start. No other process is
taking up port 8080, but bin/runzope fails with this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/faassen/working/Zope28/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py",
line 56, in ?
run()
File "/home/faassen/working/Zope28/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py",
line 21, in run
starter.prepare()
File
"/home/faassen/working/Zope28/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line
91, in prepare
self.setupServers()
File
"/home/faassen/working/Zope28/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line
203, in setupServers
raise ZConfig.ConfigurationError(socket_err
ZConfig.ConfigurationError: There was a problem starting a server of
type "HTTPServer". This may mean that your user does not have permission
to bind to the port which the server is trying to use or the port may
already be in use by another application. (Cannot assign requested address)

I may be doing something stupid wrong, but I thought I went through the
same procedure as with Zope 2.7..

Regards,

Martijn
Re: Zope 2.8 coming [ In reply to ]
Tres Seaver wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>> I saw the alpha was released, am back from vacation, and thought I'd
>> give it a shot. It doesn't seem to want to start. No other process is
>> taking up port 8080, but bin/runzope fails with this:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "/home/faassen/working/Zope28/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py",
>> line 56, in ?
>> run()
>> File "/home/faassen/working/Zope28/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py",
>> line 21, in run
>> starter.prepare()
>> File
>> "/home/faassen/working/Zope28/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py",
>> line 91, in prepare
>> self.setupServers()
>> File
>> "/home/faassen/working/Zope28/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py",
>> line 203, in setupServers
>> raise ZConfig.ConfigurationError(socket_err
>> ZConfig.ConfigurationError: There was a problem starting a server of
>> type "HTTPServer". This may mean that your user does not have
>> permission to bind to the port which the server is trying to use or
>> the port may already be in use by another application. (Cannot assign
>> requested address)
>>
>> I may be doing something stupid wrong, but I thought I went through
>> the same procedure as with Zope 2.7..
>

> http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1507 is supposed to be fixed:
> "Defering the final solution for after Zope 2.8a1."

Hm, I was trying the alpha. An alpha that doesn't start in its default
configuration isn't going to be tested very widely..

I'm not sure this is the same error report though; I didn't specify any
ip address myself but am using the derfault zope.conf. I do not just
have problems *accessing* the site through localhost, I cannot even
start it. But perhaps this error is a symptom of this behavior, don't know.

Regards,

Martijn
Re: Re: Zope 2.8 coming [ In reply to ]
--On Dienstag, 9. November 2004 16:04 Uhr +0100 Martijn Faassen
<faassen@infrae.com> wrote:
>> http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1507 is supposed to be fixed:
>> "Defering the final solution for after Zope 2.8a1."
>
> Hm, I was trying the alpha. An alpha that doesn't start in its default
> configuration isn't going to be tested very widely..
>
> I'm not sure this is the same error report though; I didn't specify any
> ip address myself but am using the derfault zope.conf. I do not just have
> problems *accessing* the site through localhost, I cannot even start it.
> But perhaps this error is a symptom of this behavior, don't know.

I am not sure if your error is really related to #1507. Zope 2.8a1 works
fine for
me with the default configuration.

-aj
Re: Re: Zope 2.8 coming [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 04:11:06PM +0100, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On Dienstag, 9. November 2004 16:04 Uhr +0100 Martijn Faassen
> <faassen@infrae.com> wrote:
> >>http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1507 is supposed to be fixed:
> >>"Defering the final solution for after Zope 2.8a1."
> >
> >Hm, I was trying the alpha. An alpha that doesn't start in its default
> >configuration isn't going to be tested very widely..
> >
> >I'm not sure this is the same error report though; I didn't specify any
> >ip address myself but am using the derfault zope.conf. I do not just have
> >problems *accessing* the site through localhost, I cannot even start it.
> >But perhaps this error is a symptom of this behavior, don't know.
> >

> I am not sure if your error is really related to #1507. Zope 2.8a1 works
> fine for
> me with the default configuration.

Same here, with the python 2.3.4 provided by gentoo.
I just now did ./configure ; make; make instance; ./bin/runzope
and I'm up...

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com
Re: Zope 2.8 coming [ In reply to ]
Martijn Faassen wrote:

> I saw the alpha was released, am back from vacation, and thought I'd
> give it a shot. It doesn't seem to want to start. No other process is
> taking up port 8080, but bin/runzope fails with this:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/home/faassen/working/Zope28/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py",
> line 56, in ?
> run()
> File "/home/faassen/working/Zope28/lib/python/Zope/Startup/run.py",
> line 21, in run
> starter.prepare()
> File
> "/home/faassen/working/Zope28/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line
> 91, in prepare
> self.setupServers()
> File
> "/home/faassen/working/Zope28/lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py", line
> 203, in setupServers
> raise ZConfig.ConfigurationError(socket_err
> ZConfig.ConfigurationError: There was a problem starting a server of
> type "HTTPServer". This may mean that your user does not have permission
> to bind to the port which the server is trying to use or the port may
> already be in use by another application. (Cannot assign requested address)
>
> I may be doing something stupid wrong, but I thought I went through the
> same procedure as with Zope 2.7..

http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1507 is supposed to be fixed:
"Defering the final solution for after Zope 2.8a1."

Tres.