Mailing List Archive

Re: [Zope-dev] Collector Status Meanings
Marc Lindahl wrote:

> I would put my $0.02 for a 'tested' state, entered from Resolved. So
> from resolved you could 'resubmit' back to pending or accepted, or go to
> tested. This because it does happen, that someone *thinks* they have
> fixed something, but didn't test it thoroughly (there are usually way to
> many combinations for one person to do so), and it wasn't really fixed.

I think it suffices to be able to re-open issues later, it's also a lot
less coding to have it work that way ;-)

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
Re: [Zope-dev] Collector Status Meanings [ In reply to ]
Marc Lindahl wrote:
> In any case, it emphasizes the difference between fixing something, and
> specifically testing the fix. Closing and reopening means you can't
> generate a list of 'fixes' that need to be tested, which (should,
> could?) be a part of taking a package from alpha-beta-release....

True, but all I really see is a load of issues in the
waiting-to-be-tested state.

OSS is "release early, release often", provided only bugs are fixed on
the stable branch, which is the correct policy, then each release should
only get better, so I'd prefer to see releases get out there rather than
having to wait for "testing" to be done...

What do other people think?

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk