[Zope-PTK] Which membership database
While creating a new Portal object, in Step 1 of 3 of the wizard, in the
Database menu, Im supposed to choose between "Zope Database" and
"Experimental LoginManager Support" Which is the correct choice ?

Im totally new to both Zope and PTK. I read the mailing list archives and
available docs, but I didnt find an answer.

TIA,
Suresh
Re: [Zope-PTK] Which membership database [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Suresh K. Jois MuSpace.com wrote:

> While creating a new Portal object, in Step 1 of 3 of the wizard, in the
> Database menu, Im supposed to choose between "Zope Database" and
> "Experimental LoginManager Support" Which is the correct choice ?
>
> Im totally new to both Zope and PTK. I read the mailing list archives and
> available docs, but I didnt find an answer.

Hello!!

I'm totally new too, but yesterday evening I was lucky enough to create a
portal!:-)) So the "Zope Databes" is a good choice, on this way, I think
you will use the original database type if Zope, I habe no opinion about
the other choice...:-((

"<...>Lehet, hogy nem vagyok vicces, viszont Almos!"
-Reszlet az "Anyad a Csodaszarvas!" c. regebol.
<PGP>
dfkjgdfkl;gdfg;kj;dfglkjdfgirjgrtfjghdlgukhdfgkudhgKLJDHKLDJH
kdfljghdflugKJHUKHkjhKuhKjhuhKLuhUhyhtFjhFrjfgHrgdhgFrdhGFdrg
KDHIDUHfkughdkughdslwuhkUSHSKLuhfldkurthlgksuhrKLUSHukhglkuhr
<END PGP>
Bye by QSpi <SCh 1612B> <SchuSchu>
Es addig is: Promiszkuitas!!!!!!!!
Re: [Zope-PTK] Which membership database [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Suresh K. Jois MuSpace.com wrote:

> While creating a new Portal object, in Step 1 of 3 of the wizard, in the
> Database menu, Im supposed to choose between "Zope Database" and
> "Experimental LoginManager Support" Which is the correct choice ?
>
> Im totally new to both Zope and PTK. I read the mailing list archives and
> available docs, but I didnt find an answer.

Unless I've broken LoginManager, both are correct. "Zope Database"
is "more" correct. The second option is a sort of sneak peek at the
direction the PTK will be taking shortly. From an end-user point of
view, they should be identical.

--
Mike Pelletier email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer icq: 7127228
Re: [Zope-PTK] Which membership database [ In reply to ]
Mike Pelletier wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Suresh K. Jois MuSpace.com wrote:
>
> > While creating a new Portal object, in Step 1 of 3 of the wizard, in the
> > Database menu, Im supposed to choose between "Zope Database" and
> > "Experimental LoginManager Support" Which is the correct choice ?
> >
> > Im totally new to both Zope and PTK. I read the mailing list archives and
> > available docs, but I didnt find an answer.
>
> Unless I've broken LoginManager, both are correct. "Zope Database"
> is "more" correct. The second option is a sort of sneak peek at the
> direction the PTK will be taking shortly. From an end-user point of
> view, they should be identical.

CVS from last thursday loginManager didn't quite work/ it let me create
the portal, but I can't login to it, or add new members.

I'll send a TB later if desired.

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.
Re: [Zope-PTK] Which membership database [ In reply to ]
In article <38F25EAB.365A08F6@libc.org>, Bill Anderson <bill@libc.org> wrote:
> CVS from last thursday loginManager didn't quite work/ it let me create
> the portal, but I can't login to it, or add new members.

Are you running Zope 2.1.6? It broke LoginManager. The next release
(our next release window is Wednesday) fixes the problem.

In the meantime, try adding:

import ZPublisher.BaseRequest
_v__marker__ = ZPublisher.BaseRequest._marker
_LoggingInUser._v__marker__ = _v__marker__

After the bit that creates _LoggingInUser in LoginManager.py
Re: [Zope-PTK] Which membership database [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Bill Anderson wrote:

> CVS from last thursday loginManager didn't quite work/ it let me create
> the portal, but I can't login to it, or add new members.
>
> I'll send a TB later if desired.

Don't worry about it... I'll be ripping it all out shortly.