Henry Sibley H.S. | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/
W. St. Paul, MN | | http://slashdot.org/
wilson@visi.com | <dtml-var pithy_quote> | http://linux.com/
RE: [Zope-PTK] PTK quotas [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Paul Everitt wrote:

> Unfortunately the PTK isn't the right place to put quotas. Rather, this
> is something for the object database. Why? It's hard to tell all the
> places in the object system where a user might have some data (e.g. the
> Catalog).

That explanation makes complete sense. Can I assume that the ZODB doesn't
support quotas at this stage?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson | Visit Sibley online: | Check out:
RE: [Zope-PTK] PTK quotas [ In reply to ]
Unfortunately the PTK isn't the right place to put quotas. Rather, this
is something for the object database. Why? It's hard to tell all the
places in the object system where a user might have some data (e.g. the
Catalog).

--Paul

Re: [Zope-PTK] PTK quotas [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 04:15:57PM -0500, Paul Everitt wrote:

> Unfortunately the PTK isn't the right place to put quotas. Rather, this
> is something for the object database. Why? It's hard to tell all the
> places in the object system where a user might have some data (e.g. the
> Catalog).

Still, it would be cool to have quotas for a folder. This could
easily be done with a ZClass subclassing Folder, except that
there is no way to get the size of an object (or is there?).

[]s,
|alo
+----
Resistance is futile.

http://www.webcom.com/lalo mailto:lalo@webcom.com
pgp key in the web page

Debian GNU/Linux --- http://www.debian.org
Brazil of Darkness -- http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar
RE: [Zope-PTK] PTK quotas [ In reply to ]
Correct.

--Paul

Re: [Zope-PTK] PTK quotas [ In reply to ]
On 2/22/00 4:24 PM, Lalo Martins at lalo@hackandroll.org wrote:

> Still, it would be cool to have quotas for a folder. This could
> easily be done with a ZClass subclassing Folder, except that
> there is no way to get the size of an object (or is there?).

More importantly, you have all the revisions of an object, how do you
account for that? You could easily create a 500K object (say your limit is
1MB), and then "update" it 100x and have used 50MB :-) But how do you count
this? And since you can't pack just a section of the database, this is
difficult to do.

Not impossible mind you, just a bit harder than it looks at first glance.

Chris