Mailing List Archive

[Zope-PTK] still no go
My ``Help'' object is still broken on the DemoPortal Product.

When I try to create a Portal, I get:

<P><STRONG>Resource not found</STRONG></P>

Sorry, the requested Zope resource does not
exist.<p>Check the URL and try again.<p>
<!--
MWp instance at 822328
-->
<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
214, in publish_module
File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
179, in publish
File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
(Object: PortalWizard)
File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
167, in publish
File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py,
line 299, in setBody
File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py,
line 511, in notFoundError
NotFound: (see above)

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong? All other things in the
Product are ok.

[]s,
|alo
+----
Resistance is futile.

http://www.webcom.com/lalo mailto:lalo@webcom.com
pgp key in the web page

Debian GNU/Linux --- http://www.debian.org
Brazil of Darkness -- http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar
Re: [Zope-PTK] still no go [ In reply to ]
Lalo Martins wrote:

> My ``Help'' object is still broken on the DemoPortal Product.
>
> When I try to create a Portal, I get:

> <P><STRONG>Resource not found</STRONG></P>
>
> Sorry, the requested Zope resource does not
> exist.<p>Check the URL and try again.<p>
> <!--
> MWp instance at 822328
> -->
> <!--
> Traceback (innermost last):
> File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 214, in publish_module
> File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 179, in publish
> File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in
> zpublisher_exception_hook
> (Object: PortalWizard)
> File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 167, in publish
> File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py,
> line 299, in setBody
> File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py,
> line 511, in notFoundError
> NotFound: (see above)
>
> Any idea of what I'm doing wrong? All other things in the
> Product are ok.

Yesterday I got my first version of ZopePTK running, but
I installed 2.1.4 and ZopePTK only. With
the whole bunch of Products I have in
my actual development tree it does not work.
Unfortunaelty I do not have a clue why?
I will have to investigate case by case what happens when I
add all the other Products..

--

Tom Schwaller
http://www.linux-magazin.de
Re: [Zope-PTK] still no go [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 07:26:22PM +0100, Tom Schwaller wrote:
> Lalo Martins wrote:
> >
> > <!--
> > MWp instance at 822328
> > -->

The most annoying thing is that I still don't know what an
``MWP'' is supposed to be.

> > Any idea of what I'm doing wrong? All other things in the
> > Product are ok.

Actually they're not. All objects _inside_ the two ZClasses and
the Wizard are broken too.

> Yesterday I got my first version of ZopePTK running, but
> I installed 2.1.4 and ZopePTK only. With
> the whole bunch of Products I have in
> my actual development tree it does not work.

I tried removing WorldPilot and ZopeStudio, nothing happened.
I'll probably be looking into what more can I remove. If even
this doesn't work, I'll be installing Zope on other machine, ugh.

[]s,
+----

Re: [Zope-PTK] still no go [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Lalo Martins wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 07:26:22PM +0100, Tom Schwaller wrote:
> > Lalo Martins wrote:
> > >
> > > <!--
> > > MWp instance at 822328
> > > -->
>
> The most annoying thing is that I still don't know what an
> ``MWP'' is supposed to be.

There was, until Jim fixed it for me, a bug in ZClasses that prevented you
from putting an instance of a ZClass on the methods page of a ZClass.
Actually, you could place it, but it would not persist through a shutdown.

Inside the code for ZClasses, there is a class called MW which, as best I
can tell, stands for "Methods Wrapper". Seeing as MWp was added to fixed
my persistence problem, I'd imagine it stands for "Methods Wrapper,
Persistent".

I don't pretend to understand this code; we bought a support contract from
DC to get this fixed. However, I figured I would chime in and let you
all know that I am responsible for all this MWp nonsense. (You're
welcome :-))

I promise you'll thank me if you ever want to compose ZClasses.

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman 704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer mailto:jeff@goingv.com