Mailing List Archive

Aiii cpu is toast
Hy!

    I've been trying to make Xen 2.0 work on a compac evo
N800C laptop. But I am getting an error that say, that there is no more
memory for the kernel and then the message Aiii cpu is toast, then re
reboots in 5 sec.

I looked into the archives and didn't found a clue that helped me much on
this one.

From what I can see from the output is that he dont see the virtual ram.

I am starting Xen from grub with those options

title ....

kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=128M

module /vmlinuz-2.6.10-xen0 root=/dev/hda3 ro console=tty0

This laptop have 512M of ram, I also tryed to start it with different
value for the ram, like 256 witouth any success.

How can I get the dmesg from the boot of the domain 0? By the way the box
is working normally and I am using Gentoo 2005.0.

--

Daniel Paquet

Administrateur Systèmes

Consultant et revendeur autorisé Linspire

--

Vous avez des besoins en informatique?

Contactez-moi!

Bientôt disponible Linspire en Français,

débarrassez vous des virus et "spyware"!
Re: Aiii cpu is toast [ In reply to ]
The problem is solved, I had to put the amount of memory in KB instead of

dom0_mem=131072

instead of dom0_mem=128M

> Hy!

> I've been trying to make Xen 2.0 work on a compac evo

> N800C laptop. But I am getting an error that say, that there is no
more

> memory for the kernel and then the message Aiii cpu is toast, then
re

> reboots in 5 sec.

> I looked into the archives and didn't found a clue that helped me
much on

> this one.

>>From what I can see from the output is that he dont see the
virtual ram.