Mailing List Archive

Re: Asking for help to debug xen efi on Kunpeng machine
Hi Jiatong,

Do you have access to the serial? If so, it is possible that the boot
is actually successful and it is only the screen initialization the
problem.

If kunpeng 920 is a UEFI/ACPI machine, we know that there are issues
with screen initialization.

Cheers,

Stefano

Re: Asking for help to debug xen efi on Kunpeng machine [ In reply to ]
Hi Stefano,

Thank you very much for the reply. I do have access to serial but the
machine is near my work space right now, so
I might need some extra time to go to datacenter first. I'll let you know
if it is indeed working.

Thank you very much again.

Best regards,.

Jiatong Shen

--

Best Regards,

Jiatong Shen
Re: Asking for help to debug xen efi on Kunpeng machine [ In reply to ]
On 08/06/2023 23:39, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> Hi Jiatong,
>
> Do you have access to the serial? If so, it is possible that the boot
> is actually successful and it is only the screen initialization the
> problem.
>
> If kunpeng 920 is a UEFI/ACPI machine, we know that there are issues
> with screen initialization.

More importantly, you may want to check that if Xen was compiled with
ACPI enabled (unlikely if this is the package from Debian). If not, you
will need to build your own Xen.

Julien Grall
Re: Asking for help to debug xen efi on Kunpeng machine [ In reply to ]
Thank you for your answer. Can you teach me how to verify if acpi is
enabled?

Best regards,.
Jiatong Shen

--

Best Regards,

Jiatong Shen
Re: Asking for help to debug xen efi on Kunpeng machine [ In reply to ]
Hello,

On 09/06/2023 03:32, Jiatong Shen wrote:
> Thank you for your answer. Can you teach me how to verify if acpi is
> enabled?

You usually look at the .config. But I am not sure if this is provided
by the Debian package. If not, then your best option would be to build
your own Xen. To select ACPI, you want to use the menuconfig and select
UNSUPPORTED and ACPI.

Julien Grall
Re: Asking for help to debug xen efi on Kunpeng machine [ In reply to ]
Hello Julien,

Thank you very much for your help!

Best,

Jiatong Shen