xen: unstable, 3.0-devel

kernel 2.6.11.2-xen0

.com/xen-users

RE: Trouble in boot dom0 in xen3.0devel [ In reply to ]
Thanks Petersson,
I have not LVM, the Xen use xen.gz as a kernel and use vmlinuz-2.6.11.2-xen0 as a module, if i initrid vmlinuz-xxx-xen0, and add lines in grub/menu.lst:
kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=131072 console=vga
module /vmlinuz-2.6.11.2-xen0 root=dev/hda1 ro console=tty0
initrd /initrd-2.6.11.2-xen0

it said:
Error19: Linux kernel must be loaded before initrd

how to set the initrd?
"Petersson, Mats" <mats.petersson@amd.com> writon£º
Most likely, you haven't got your initrd set up correctly, so your root file system isn't being detected. The final step in the kernel is to try NFS and Floppy file systems, if it can't find a root fs somewhere else.

You either need to make sure that your initrd contains the relevant modules for the disk(s) and file-systems that you use (including for instance LVM if you're using that on the disk). Another method is to disable modules, building a monolithic kernel. That way, you don't need an initrd to get things going. This was the way I got it working when I had the same problem.

--
Mats