Mailing List Archive

Subversion server not working properly on dom0?
Hello all,

I recntly setup a dual CPU machine with Xen, running on a fresh build of
Gentoo. dom0 is Gentoo, as is the three domU's on there. The intention
is to have a virtual development box, with a number of virtual servers
running different dev environments for each developer. That works lovely.

I installed subversion on dom0, with the intention of letting each
virtual server (and other external boxes) use this as the code
repository. I am using svnserve. Now, when I access the server from
either the domU's, or external machines, it sort of works a couple of
times, then the svn clients simply hang. I restart svnserve with the
same effect. I tried an svnserve on one of the domU's, and it works
perfectly!

Now, is there a problem with svnserve running specifically on dom0? I've
setup svnserve loads of times before, so I am reasonably experienced
with it. Anyone had problems like this, and is there a reason the
svnserve on dom0 is just not working?

Thanks,

Matt