Mailing List Archive

anybody using RHEL4 in dom 0?
havent tried it yet. anybody know if it will work? is it patched for
xen?

Cheers,
Anthony

Re: anybody using RHEL4 in dom 0? [ In reply to ]
Several are using CentOS 4.0 (built from RHEL4 sources) and it works great. :-)

gino

Re: anybody using RHEL4 in dom 0? [ In reply to ]
kewl, thx. did you have to do anything special, i.e. make major changes
to the .config file?

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Gino LV. Ledesma wrote:

> Several are using CentOS 4.0 (built from RHEL4 sources) and it works great. :-)
>
> gino
>
> On 7/18/05, Anthony.Golia@morganstanley.com
> <Anthony.Golia@morganstanley.com> wrote:
> >
> > havent tried it yet. anybody know if it will work? is it patched for
> > xen?
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Anthony

> FLAGS (\Seen \Recent))

Cheers,
Anthony

Re: anybody using RHEL4 in dom 0? [ In reply to ]
Only changes I made:
1. Made new kernel from xen-2.0.6 source
2. Updated grub.conf to point to new kernel (and initrd)
3. Booted (I left /lib/tls in place)

- gino ledesma

Re: anybody using RHEL4 in dom 0? [ In reply to ]
Anthony.Golia@MorganStanley.com wrote:
> havent tried it yet. anybody know if it will work? is it patched for
> xen?

It works like a charm. I had to manually re-build the initrd as it
didn't include my scsi controller's module

--
-----
Derek Carter <goozbach@gurulabs.com>

Re: error in install xen-unstable-src.tgz [ In reply to ]
when it make /tools/xfrd, it reported:

/usr/bin/ld: connot find -lidn

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [xfrd] error 1

what should i do?

-----------info----------------------

xen: unstable, 3.0-devel

kernel 2.6.11.2

Fedora core 3

Re: Re: error in install xen-unstable-src.tgz [ In reply to ]
Probably idn library is already exist in /usr/lib/.
You should make symbolic-link named 'libidn.so'.

ln -s /usr/lib/libidn.so.11 /usr/lib/libidn.so

---
kato

Re: anybody using RHEL4 in dom 0? [ In reply to ]
The only thing I've had problems with is nptl support in db4. I posted the
workaround here..

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2005-06/msg00623.html

Have fun,

John

Re: anybody using RHEL4 in dom 0? [ In reply to ]
John Fairbairn wrote:

>The only thing I've had problems with is nptl support in db4. I posted the
>workaround here..
>
>http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2005-06/msg00623.html

RHEL4's mysql by default needs nptl too, so removing /lib/tls means I
have to add skip-bdb to my.cnf to make mysql work. Reinstalling db4 (the
one without nptl) doesn't solve the problem.

After some experiments, I ended up modifying glibc
(http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenSpecificGlibc). It was a little
tricky, as it was FC3's glibc (anyone have SRPM for RHEL4?).

Modified .spec, installed the new glibc, and voila, everything works great.
I think this is better than rebuilding everything that needs NPTL (so
far I only found db4 and mysql though).

Regards,

Fajar

Re: anybody using RHEL4 in dom 0? [ In reply to ]
Fajar,
Good point, I had forgotten I put that in my.cnf. The new db4 rpm's did
solve the problem of installing the BerkeleyDB perl mod and a few other
little things. All around your approach is probably better.

Thanks,
John

Re: Re: error in install xen-unstable-src.tgz [ In reply to ]
Thanks for your help, the xfrd can be made!
Minoru Kato <kato.minoru@nttcom.co.jp> wroten£ºProbably idn library is already exist in /usr/lib/.