anything like this?

Thanks!

-sten

Re: lo doesn't come up [ In reply to ]
Hi

debootstrap doesn't generate the following config-files:
- /etc/fstab
- /etc/apt/sources.list
- /etc/network/interfaces

To get the loopback interface, just add
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
to /etc/network/interfaces and write "ifup lo" or reboot the guest.

Hope that helps.

Thomas

Re: lo doesn't come up [ In reply to ]
Thomas Lohmüller wrote:
> Hi
>
> debootstrap doesn't generate the following config-files:
> - /etc/fstab
> - /etc/apt/sources.list
> - /etc/network/interfaces
>
> To get the loopback interface, just add
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
> to /etc/network/interfaces and write "ifup lo" or reboot the guest.

sorry, I should have said; I did all that. Even with "auto lo" in the
file, lo doesn't come up. All my other interfaces seem like they do.

-sten

Re: lo doesn't come up [ In reply to ]
What's the output of "ifconfig lo"?

I don't think that it's possible to disable the loobpack interface in the
kernel configuration. Is it?

Thomas