Any hints why or how to fix this?

so far for now,
Markus

Re: I notice a slow Daemon startup [ In reply to ]
On Friday 01 July 2005 11:38, Markus Wigge wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I just started using xen on a FC4 machine and installed a Debian(sarge)
> in an image-file.
>
> I'm able to start and use it and it is quiet fast but I noticed that the
> daemons start very very slowly! So booting into the dom takes several
> minutes but working with the running system is fluently.
> But everytime I try to restart a service (apache, slapd, ...) it takes
> up to a minute.
>
> Any hints why or how to fix this?

try to peek into /proc/interrupts. If you see a very high interrupt load, you
might have misconfigured your ethernet bridge device.

Greetings
/Ernst

Re: I notice a slow Daemon startup [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> Check your DNS settings. I've seen this when I've forgotten to
> reconfigure /etc/resolv.conf or have some other network issue preventing
> DNS requests from being answered. The delay in such as case is DNS
> timeouts.
Maybe you're right, most services start more quickly now, only OpenLDAP
seems not to work inside an domU. But according to google it looks like
a common problem concerning /lib/tls.

Has anybody here a working LDAP in a xenU-domain?

bye,
Markus