Töns
--
There is no safe distance.

Re: Crypted LVM LVs as VBD? [ In reply to ]
Toens Bueker wrote:
> can crypted logical volumes be used as vbds for Xen?

It should work fine. You'll need to rebuild your own xen0 kernel with
CONFIG_DM_CRYPT enabled as we don't enable it by default in our current
binary release.

James

Re: Crypted LVM LVs as VBD? [ In reply to ]
> I haven't tested this yet, but does the decryption occur on the block
> level before dom0 passes the device ?handle? to a particular domU
> instance? Or can this only be done with a xen0 kernel?

Encryption done in dom0 will be transparent to the guests - they just see a
VBD, looks the same as any other.

Of course, there's nothing stopping you setting up encrypted volumes within
the guest but that probably would be a bit redundant here ;-)

Cheers,
Mark

Re: Crypted LVM LVs as VBD? [ In reply to ]

Re: Crypted LVM LVs as VBD? [ In reply to ]
On 6/25/05, Toens Bueker
<toens.bueker@lists0903.nurfuerspam.neuroserve.de> wrote:

> can crypted logical volumes be used as vbds for Xen?

Works very well here. I have a Linux domU that is running from a
loop-AES-encrypted LVM volume.

Regards,
Jim