Mailing List Archive

Installing fc2 or fc4
Hello,

i'm trying to install a fedora core 2 on a xenU and a kickstart
installation. I'm using the initrd.img from the fedora pxe boot image:
(http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/os/images/pxeboot/)

this is my xen domain config file:
-------/etc/xen/fc2-install----------------------------------------------------------------------------
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.10-1.3_FC2.xenU"
ramdisk = "/scratch/fc2-xen-install/initrd.img"
memory = 128
name = "fc4-install"
disk = [ 'file:/scratch/fc2-xen-install/fc2-install.img,hda1,w' ]
extra = "ks=http://yum.mydomain.fr/install/fc2/ks-ws-fc2
ramdisk_size=65535"
vif = [ 'mac=FE:FD:00:00:00:02, bridge=xen-br0' ]
dhcp = "dhcp"

the system boot well but when anaconda start the system is already
connected but anaconda can't find a suitable network driver so it complain :
" Unable to find any devices of the type
needed for this installation type.
Would you like to manually select your
driver or use a driver disk?"

I have read this thread
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2004-12/msg00198.html

Since fedora core 4 include Xen i tried other solutions:
* using initrd.img from fc4 pxe image : unsuccessfull
* build anaconda from cvs : does not build because off missing files in
CVS repository.

Is anyone has an idea or solution about this problem ?

Cheers,
fv

Re: Installing fc2 or fc4 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 21:21, fv wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i'm trying to install a fedora core 2 on a xenU and a kickstart
> installation.

Installing using rpmstrap (http://hackers.progeny.com/~sam/rpmstrap/)
usually works well. You just need to mount the target volume (disk via
loopbask in your case) in e.g. domain 0. Once done, manually configure
/etc/fstab and copy in any xenU modules.

I guess you could avoid the network driver issue by doing a "hard disk
install" (assume that install option still exists) from an installation
CD exported as a second VBD - has anyone tried this?

James