have a nice weekend :-)

When I open a console with xm console I am missing the functionallity of
the key combination [Shift]+[Page Up/Down].
Am I doing something wrong or is it because it's just not implemented?

Does anyone know a different way to find out about the messages running
through the screen during a shutdown?

Regards,
Mario Minati

Re: xm sonsole usability [ In reply to ]
Hi Mario,

Mario Minati wrote:
> Hi @all,
> have a nice weekend :-)

Very nice indeed, thank you :-)

> When I open a console with xm console I am missing the functionallity of
> the key combination [Shift]+[Page Up/Down].
> Am I doing something wrong or is it because it's just not implemented?

Probably because the keys get interpreted in the dom0 console.

> Does anyone know a different way to find out about the messages running
> through the screen during a shutdown?

I use the 'screen' utility on dom0 and start xm console sessions in
there. The key combination ctrl-[ enters a copy mode. From there you can
scroll up and down using up/down keys and 'vi' keys ('k' for up, 'j' for
down). When you're finished reading just hit enter twice to leave the
copy mode.

If somebody knows a better way, I'd like to know :-)

> Regards,
> Mario Minati

Greetings, Thomas

Re: xm sonsole usability [ In reply to ]
Thomas Ronner wrote:

> I use the 'screen' utility on dom0 and start xm console sessions in
> there. The key combination ctrl-[ enters a copy mode. From there you can
> scroll up and down using up/down keys and 'vi' keys ('k' for up, 'j' for
> down). When you're finished reading just hit enter twice to leave the
> copy mode.

Ugh. I meat ctrl-a [ instead of ctrl=[ (ctrl-a is the 'screen' hot key).

Greetings, Thomas

Re: xm sonsole usability [ In reply to ]
Mario Minati wrote:

> Hi @all,
> have a nice weekend :-)
>
> When I open a console with xm console I am missing the functionallity
> of the key combination [Shift]+[Page Up/Down].
> Am I doing something wrong or is it because it's just not implemented?

xm console is a serial console--not a VGA console. The right way to
think of it is that xm console is like attaching a serial cable to a
physical machine and running minicom.

Scrolling is only available for virtual terminals (which are usually
displayed on VGA consoles). I think a virtual VGA terminal is on the
plan for 3.0 and that should provide the desired functionality.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori