Mailing List Archive

cds.conf parameters
all,

I have multiple servers running xen sessions and am finding that it
starts to get confusing when remembering the dns (the dns name is
something similar to xen1, xen2...xen32) name for each of the xen
sessions. Since I am using the same .conf file for each of the servers,
I wanted to know if there is a way I can add a value to the % vmid in
the cds.conf

The line right now is: name = "xen%d" % vmid and what I want to do is to
add a value to that line only.
Something like: name = "xen%d" % vmid+20.

Possible?

Trying to keep this simple from a admin viewpoint.

--
Paul Edgar
Content Delivery System

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Re: cds.conf parameters [ In reply to ]
> The line right now is: name = "xen%d" % vmid and what I want to do is to
> add a value to that line only.
> Something like: name = "xen%d" % vmid+20.

You might need to put the vmid+20 in brackets but yes,that will work.

Config files are basically Python scripts, so you can just use Python syntax
and Python functions and things should Just Work.

Cheers,
Mark

Re: cds.conf parameters [ In reply to ]
Paul Edgar wrote:

> all,
>
> I have multiple servers running xen sessions and am finding that it
> starts to get confusing when remembering the dns (the dns name is
> something similar to xen1, xen2...xen32) name for each of the xen
> sessions. Since I am using the same .conf file for each of the
> servers, I wanted to know if there is a way I can add a value to the %
> vmid in the cds.conf
>
> The line right now is: name = "xen%d" % vmid and what I want to do is
> to add a value to that line only.
> Something like: name = "xen%d" % vmid+20.

name = "xen%d" % (vmid+20)

Will do the trick.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori