I have: Fedora Core 3 - Xen 2.0.5 stable - kernel 2.6.10.
Thank's in advance.

Emanuele
Re: Xen - SMP Build [ In reply to ]
> I own an IBM Xserver 350 with 4 CPU onboard.
> I want to compile Xen domain0 with SMP support, but i didn't find the SMP
> choice in the configuration.
> Then I set "default=y" on Kconfig and "make ARCH=xen menuconfig" and I've
> compiled it but I had a compilation error.
> The single CPU configuration works well instead.
> What are the right steps to compile Xen domain0 with SMP support ?
> I have: Fedora Core 3 - Xen 2.0.5 stable - kernel 2.6.10.
> Thank's in advance.

The 2.x series doesn't support SMP *guests*. Xen itself is (and has always
been) SMP capable, so you *can* distribute your uniprocessor guests across
*all* the CPUs in the system.

Since in Xen, dom0 is also another guest (albeit one with special privileges
for certain operations), it is also unable to see the multiple CPUs.

In the unstable tree, all domains can use SMP (this is currently undergoing
optimisation). This will be released as Xen 3.0 later in the year.

HTH,
Mark

Re: Xen - SMP Build [ In reply to ]
e.madeo@fabaris.it wrote:

> Hello,
> I own an IBM Xserver 350 with 4 CPU onboard.
> I want to compile Xen domain0 with SMP support, but i didn't find the
> SMP choice in the configuration.

I don't think it's done that way. (SMP support for dom's is supposedly
coming, but it's not there yet.)

Boot into dom0, and run: xm info

My output looks like:

xen root # xm info
system : Linux
host : xen
release : 2.6.11-xen0
version : #1 Fri Apr 29 11:15:24 EDT 2005
machine : i686
cores : 2
hyperthreads_per_core : 1
cpu_mhz : 299
memory : 128
free_memory : 14
xen root #

This was from a dual p2 300 MHz Dell workstation. The dom's are spread
out as:

xen root # xm list
Name Id Mem(MB) CPU State Time(s) Console
Domain-0 0 28 0 r---- 231.2
asterisk 2 31 1 -b--- 116.8 9602
bebop 1 35 1 -b--- 151.1 9601
xen root #