Mailing List Archive

Fwd: how to get into the xen project?
Thought this was actually a better list to send this mail to.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Task Struct From Hell <taskstructfromhell@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 2:12 AM
Subject: how to get into the xen project?
To: xen-devel@lists.xensource.com

Hi,

I am very interested in the Xen project and virtualization platforms
in general and would like to learn Xen' internals and being able to
understand what's going on in the background. Since I haven't done a
lot of code reading yet, only experimented the Citrix XenServer and
the Xen that ships with RH, I was wondering whether you could
recommend me something to start with?

I would also like to know whether these books are still up to date, as
they seem to have been written sometime ago:

Running Xen
The definitive guide to the xen hypervisor.

Any book recommendations aside from these books, are more than welcome
and appreciated! Any pointers, tips, tricks the same.

Thanks!
---
TSFH

--
---
TSFH

RE: Fwd: how to get into the xen project? [ In reply to ]
> I would also like to know whether these books are still up to date, as
> they seem to have been written sometime ago:

> Running Xen
> The definitive guide to the xen hypervisor.

> Any book recommendations aside from these books, are more than welcome
> and appreciated! Any pointers, tips, tricks the same.

***

I would take a look at the David Chisnall book,
http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=013234971X, The
Definitive Guide to the Hypervisor. It is written in great detail about
the code itself including all the APIs, etc. Great place to start.

Stephen Spector

Re: Fwd: how to get into the xen project? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Stephen Spector
<stephen.spector@citrix.com> wrote:

> I would take a look at the David Chisnall book,
> http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=013234971X, The
> Definitive Guide to the Hypervisor. It is written in great detail about
> the code itself including all the APIs, etc. Great place to start.
>
> Stephen Spector

Much appreciated Stephen.

--
---