Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jay.

Where is xtime updated in a domU with an independent wallclock? [ In reply to ]
Hi All,

I have just started looking at the code for Xen so please bear with me.

A domU Linux kernel running with independent_wallclock=1 seems to sync
its time with dom0 after every "xm unpause" (obviously preceded by an
"xm pause").

I don't see where the xtime variable is being updated after an "xm
unpause", i.e., domain_unpause_by_systemcontroller(). Right after the
unpause, it seems to me that the xtime in the domU should be what it
were just prior to the pause.

Where is xtime updated in a domU with an independent wallclock? [ In reply to ]
Hi All,
I have just started looking at the code for Xen so please bear with me.
A domU Linux kernel running with independent_wallclock=1 seems to sync its time with dom0 after every "xm unpause" (obviously preceded by an "xm pause").
I don't see where the xtime variable is being updated after an "xm unpause", i.e., domain_unpause_by_systemcontroller(). Right after the unpause, it seems to me that the xtime in the domU should be what it were just prior to the pause.
Any response would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Jay.

---------------------------------
Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.
Re: Where is xtime updated in a domU with an independent wallclock? [ In reply to ]
On 2/5/07 07:41, "Jay Patel" <nitrofin@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have just started looking at the code for Xen so please bear with me.
>
> A domU Linux kernel running with independent_wallclock=1 seems to sync its
> time with dom0 after every "xm unpause" (obviously preceded by an "xm
> pause").
>
> I don't see where the xtime variable is being updated after an "xm unpause",
> i.e., domain_unpause_by_systemcontroller(). Right after the unpause, it seems
> to me that the xtime in the domU should be what it were just prior to the
> pause.

Yes, a guest with independent wallclock should never sync with the wallclock
time record provided by Xen, even after an unpause (the unpause is not
explicitly visible to the guest anyway).

-- Keir