MTRR support - what's needed
Hi,

I noticed that MTRR support isn't there at all in Xen,
and that the X server on my Xen test system needs it ;)

I'm wondering if there are fundamental reasons why MTRR
support isn't enabled in Xen, and what I could do to
make it happen. Any special things that need to be
kept in mind ?

Re: MTRR support - what's needed [ In reply to ]
> I noticed that MTRR support isn't there at all in Xen,
> and that the X server on my Xen test system needs it ;)
>
> I'm wondering if there are fundamental reasons why MTRR
> support isn't enabled in Xen, and what I could do to
> make it happen. Any special things that need to be
> kept in mind ?

Have you tried just compiling it in? If it uses the rd/wrmsr
macro it may just work (assuming the domain is privileged).

If it works, we can add it to the default xen0 config.

Thanks,
Ian

Re: MTRR support - what's needed [ In reply to ]
Have you tried the "NoMTRR" option in the xorg.conf? (this is not a
proper fix)

Mark

"Boing! Init 0" said Zebedee