Mailing List Archive

Compilation fixes for blktap kernel patch
Hi,
I hope this is the correct mailing list for the blktap patches available at
ftp://ftp.enjellic.com/pub/xen/ ?

When integrating the patch into Linux 3.2.30 I noticed two compile errors
related to a missing include of module.h:

/var/build/temp/tmp.TujmUayDmG/3.1-0-0/linux/linux-3.2.30/drivers/block/blktap/ring.c:536:
error: 'THIS_MODULE' undeclared here (not in a function)

I'm attaching patches against the
ftp://ftp.enjellic.com/pub/xen/blktap2-3.2.patch patch

Cheers,
Moritz
--
Moritz Mühlenhoff
Open Source Software Engineer

Univention GmbH
be open.
Mary-Somerville-Str.1
28359 Bremen
Tel. : +49 421 22232-0 [.....]
Fax : +49 421 22232-99

muehlenhoff@univention.de
http://www.univention.de

Geschäftsführer: Peter H. Ganten
HRB 20755 Amtsgericht Bremen
Steuer-Nr.: 71-597-02876
Re: Compilation fixes for blktap kernel patch [ In reply to ]
On Oct 5, 10:31am, Moritz =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FChlenhoff?= wrote:
} Subject: [Xen-devel] Compilation fixes for blktap kernel patch

> Hi,

Hi Moritz, hope your week went well.

> I hope this is the correct mailing list for the blktap patches available at
> ftp://ftp.enjellic.com/pub/xen/ ?

I'm not sure any of the core Xen developers wants to lay claim to
blktap2 in general and these patches in particular.... :-)

I try to keep these patches updated since blktap2 is useful in our
implementations and I wanted to save everyone else what seemed like
endless hours of googling and searching trying to get these facilities
working the way they are supposed to. I'm glad you have found them
useful.

> When integrating the patch into Linux 3.2.30 I noticed two compile errors=20
> related to a missing include of module.h:
>
> /var/build/temp/tmp.TujmUayDmG/3.1-0-0/linux/linux-3.2.30/drivers/block/blk=
> tap/ring.c:536:=20
> error: 'THIS_MODULE' undeclared here (not in a function)
>
> I'm attaching patches against the=20
> ftp://ftp.enjellic.com/pub/xen/blktap2-3.2.patch patch

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I thought I had that issue
corrected but the 3.2 patches must have escaped those fixes.

In any event I made the needed changes so the patches on the above FTP
site should now drop in without any problems.

> Cheers,
> Moritz
> =2D-=20
> Moritz M=FChlenhoff
> Open Source Software Engineer

Thanks again for the heads up on this.

Good luck with your Xen efforts and have a nice weekend.

Greg

}-- End of excerpt from Moritz =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FChlenhoff?=

As always,
Dr. G.W. Wettstein, Ph.D. Enjellic Systems Development, LLC.
4206 N. 19th Ave. Specializing in information infra-structure
Fargo, ND 58102 development.
PH: 701-281-1686
FAX: 701-281-3949 EMAIL: greg@enjellic.com
Re: Compilation fixes for blktap kernel patch [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 06:57:06PM -0500, Dr. Greg Wettstein wrote:
> On Oct 5, 10:31am, Moritz =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FChlenhoff?= wrote:
> } Subject: [Xen-devel] Compilation fixes for blktap kernel patch
>
> > Hi,
>
> Hi Moritz, hope your week went well.
>
> > I hope this is the correct mailing list for the blktap patches available at
> > ftp://ftp.enjellic.com/pub/xen/ ?
>
> I'm not sure any of the core Xen developers wants to lay claim to
> blktap2 in general and these patches in particular.... :-)

Please submit your patches for inclusion in Xen upstream!
We've been trying to ask for this in the other thread :)

> I try to keep these patches updated since blktap2 is useful in our
> implementations and I wanted to save everyone else what seemed like
> endless hours of googling and searching trying to get these facilities
> working the way they are supposed to. I'm glad you have found them
> useful.

Yes, that's good, and let's get the patches merged to upstream Xen!

-- Pasi