Does this mean live migration is temporarily not support right now?
Is it for buggy reason, will be enable again someday later?

thanks.
Re: Xen live migration [ In reply to ]
On 19/04/2011 14:05, "MaoXiaoyun" <tinnycloud@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I've been noticed that intel XSAVE is disabled in Xen source.
> Does this mean live migration is temporarily not support right now?
> Is it for buggy reason, will be enable again someday later?

XSAVE doesn't have anything to do with live migration.

-- Keir

Re: Xen live migration [ In reply to ]
At 14:20 +0100 on 19 Apr (1303222807), Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 19/04/2011 14:05, "MaoXiaoyun" <tinnycloud@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > I've been noticed that intel XSAVE is disabled in Xen source.
> > Does this mean live migration is temporarily not support right now?
> > Is it for buggy reason, will be enable again someday later?
>
> XSAVE doesn't have anything to do with live migration.

XSAVE was disabled in 22084:ae0cd4e5cc01 because the original XSAVE
support didn't include saving/restoring XSAVE contexts (i.e. it broke
live migration). The changeset that added that support didn't re-enable
xsave. :(

The attached patch is the missing change to re-enable it by default
(totally untested).

Cheers,

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@citrix.com>
Principal Software Engineer, Xen Platform Team