Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:22:14 -0700
From: Anh Nguyen <nguyenminhanh@gmail.com>
Subject: [Xen-community
To: xen-community@lists.xensource.com

Hi all,

I am pretty new to Xen.

I want to learn more about Xen HVM device emulation model, what devices that
Xen support by default and where to look for them inside Xen code base.

If anyone knows or has a good pointer to those data, please let me know.

Thanks a lot,

-Anh

Re: Xen HVM device emulation [ In reply to ]
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for responding. I already read these two documents but I want to know
more from a developer perspective, not an user perspective.

>From what I have learnt so far Xen HVM use qemu to emulate devices, and I
found the code for many virtual devices inside qemu-dm\hw directory.

For a lot of devices, such as virtual PCI buses, virtual RTC... those code
should be sufficient, but for others which have to talk with physical
devices, including network and storage, there must be a mechanism to
multiplex access from multiple HVM guests.

I wonder if what piece of code inside Xen that is responsible for this
multiplexing?

Thanks,

-Anh