Mailing List Archive

Xen.org Weekly Newsletter Vol 10 No 4
Welcome to the new Xen.org weekly newsletter with a variety of information to keep you updated on all things Xen. This newsletter is an upgrade from my previous weekly communications and is meant to offer a broader scope of Xen.org activities. Please feel free to contact me with suggestions for the newsletter.

Xen News

* Oracle completes acquisition of Sun - Info here<http://www.oracle.com/us/sun/index.htm>
* Xen.org Mascot Contest - Win $100 by submitting the best idea for a community mascot. More here<http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2010/01/21/xen-org-mascot-update-its-a-contest/>

Xen Events

* SCALE 2010 in Los Angeles, CA from Feb 19-21, 2010 - If you are interested in assisting at the booth (and showing your Xen related solution) please contact me
* Xen Summit North America April 21-22, 2010 - Program Committee Announced<http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2010/01/28/xen-summit-north-america-at-amd-program-committee/>
* Citrix Synergy May 11 - 13 in San Francisco, CA - If you are interested in assisting at the booth (and showing your Xen related solution) please contact me
* SouthEast LinuxFest 2010 June 12-13, 2010 in Spartanburg, SC - If you are interested in assisting at the booth (and showing your Xen related solution) please contact me
* Bring Xen.org to an event near year - Do you know of an event near you that would be served by having a Xen.org booth? If so, I have a proposal for working together to support that event here<http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2010/01/28/bring-xen-org-to-your-local-event/>

Xen Products

* Xen 4.0.0 Release Candidate 2 available
* New Xen Documentation - 7 new user support WIKI pages available<http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2010/01/28/new-xen-documentation/>
* Xen.org Overview in Chinese and English
* Xen.org Slides in Portuguese

Xen Members in Action

* Busy week in Xen mailing lists - thanks to Pasi Kärkkäinen, Daniel Stodden, Yunhong Jiang, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk, and Fajar A. Nugraha for their great support in assisting users and developers this week
* Thanks to Heechul Kim from Korea who will be assisting me at SCALE next month

Xen Weekly Statistics

* Project Golden Ratio is underway with various items being tracked. I will highlight different numbers in the newsletter with full reports to the community on a monthly and quarterly basis.
* Xen.org Website Stats from Jan 14 - 21
* 18,854 visitors for week
* ~30% of all visitors from United States (4,389) and Germany (1,384)
* 2009 SlideShare.net Stats for Xen.org (here<http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2010/01/28/xen-slideshare-net-2009-details/>)
* 90 Presentations Uploaded
* 25,895 viewings
* Most Popular Presentation is Memory Management in Xen