Mailing List Archive

some problems with Debain as DomU
Hi!

I am new to XEN and using LVM. I have installed XEN on Debian lenny with a
amd64 kernel. DomO is up and running and i could install lenny as a guest. But
when i take a look at the logs i see that the bootstrap seems to have
problems. It hasn't installed several packages (awk, core-utils, etc). Also
when i install Xorg and try to configure it, i get the error that there are no
devices to configure. I have used the following configuration:

lvm = xenvg
install-method = debootstrap
size = 30Gb
memory = 2048Mb
swap = 1024Mb
fs = ext3
dist = lenny
image = sparse
gateway = 192.168.2.1
netmask = 255.255.255.0
broadcast = 192.168.2.255
passwd = 1
kernel = /boot/vmlinuz-`uname -r`
initrd = /boot/initrd.img-`uname -r`
arch=i386
mirror = http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/
ext3_options = noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro
ext2_options = noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro
xfs_options = defaults
reiser_options = defaults
serial_device = hvc0
disk_device = tty1
extra = "xencons=tty console=tty"

Have i missed something? I have now googled the whole day, but find no
solution for my problem.

Thx

Alex

Re: some problems with Debain as DomU [ In reply to ]
1. Debootstrapping :-

http://lubl.de/blog/2009/09/setting-up-debian-lenny-amd64-in-xen-on-sles11/

may be easily followed by apt-get install gnome-desktop-environment.

2. Not sure it would work under 3.2.1 Hypervisor :-

http://www.linuxtoday.com/high_performance/2009101402435OSDB