Mailing List Archive

New Bugzilla Tracking Process
Xen Community:

Henning Sprang, Mark Williamson, and I discussed the issue of people
reporting bugs in the Bugzilla system with no guarantee that anyone was
watching or working on the Bugzilla system. Several companies working on
the Xen hypervisor are leveraging Bugzilla to track and monitor issues
but there is no existing process to ensure that bugs entered by users
or developers are being worked on. We are proposing the following
process as a possible solution and will start this process next week:

daily to see what bugs are entered.

* I will filter out all "corporate" bugs that are being entered
by companies working on the hypervisor and will follow-up with the bug
creator of non "corporate" bugs to ensure that the data entered is
complete for a developer to understand and reproduce the problem.

* Mark will do a review of the bug reported to ensure that it is
in fact a system issue which needs developer attention

* I will send an email 1x per week to
xen-devel@lists.xensource.com mailing list with all the bugs that are
open for developer attention

* Any developer interested in working on a bug from the list can
either update Bugzilla themselves or work with me to ensure that the fix
is documented and the bug is closed when work is complete

If you have any additional comments, please feel free to add them to
this discussion on xen-community@lists.xensource.com or contact me
directly at the email address below. Thanks.

Stephen Spector

Sr. Program Manager, Xen.org

954.267.2853

stephen.spector@xen.org <mailto:stephen.spector@xen.org>