a) Name of blog
b) URL of blog
c) Feed URL

At some point I hope I can include news search query for "Xen
Hypervisor", "Xen Project", ... but this does not seem to work at the
moment.

Cheers
Lars

Re: [Xen-users] First go at Planet Xen ... [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2013-06-28 at 18:05 +0100, Lars Kurth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I created http://www.xenproject.org/planet-xen.html and we can now add
> blogs from community members and organizations that talk about Xen. You
> can get to it from "Xen Planet" in the global navigation bar from all
> *.xenproject.org sites (or will be able to soon).

Is there an RSS link for the planet itself? I couldn't find one.

[...]
> At some point I hope I can include news search query for "Xen
> Hypervisor", "Xen Project", ... but this does not seem to work at the
> moment.

I think this would reduce the utility of the "planet", at least for me.
e.g. I wouldn't want to subscribe to an rss feed which contained this
sort of thing. I want to see actual content by people involved with or
related to the project.

Ian.

Re: [Xen-users] First go at Planet Xen ... [ In reply to ]
> Is there an RSS link for the planet itself? I couldn't find one.
No. I still need to set it up. Didn't get round to it yet.

> I think this would reduce the utility of the "planet", at least for me.
> e.g. I wouldn't want to subscribe to an rss feed which contained this
> sort of thing. I want to see actual content by people involved with or
> related to the project.
Agreed. In fact this occurred to me after I sent the mail. So I added that
feed to http://xenproject.org/about/in-the-news.html

There is another question: I had a request from a Brazilian community
member (who writes a Portuguese language Xen blog). I am not sure what the
feeling with regards to mixing languages is. We could set up different
pages for different languages, but the question is whether we get enough
feeds to be of use. Any views?

Lars

Re: [Xen-users] First go at Planet Xen ... [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2013-07-01 at 09:53 +0100, Lars Kurth wrote:
> > Is there an RSS link for the planet itself? I couldn't find one.
> No. I still need to set it up. Didn't get round to it yet.
>

> > I think this would reduce the utility of the "planet", at least for
> me.
> > e.g. I wouldn't want to subscribe to an rss feed which contained
> this
> > sort of thing. I want to see actual content by people involved with
> or
> > related to the project.
> Agreed. In fact this occurred to me after I sent the mail. So I added
> that feed to http://xenproject.org/about/in-the-news.html

Great, thanks.

> There is another question: I had a request from a Brazilian community
> member (who writes a Portuguese language Xen blog). I am not sure what
> the feeling with regards to mixing languages is. We could set up
> different pages for different languages, but the question is whether
> we get enough feeds to be of use. Any views?

Personally I think planets should be single language. Unless it's a lot
of administrative faff I don't see why not to have per-language planets.

An alternative would be to tag the posts from each constituent feed
appropriately such that .../planet/ was everything
and .../planet/{en,pt,es}/ etc were only the posts in the given
language. Again this depends on the power of the backend.