Mailing List Archive

Xen ARM support for Tegra3
Hi All,
One of my project requirements need booting two Ubuntu Linux instances on a Tegra 3 Board(Quad-core ARM Cortex A9 MPCore processor). And I plan to host them on a Xen ARM based Hypervisor.
my query:
Is there a specific support available for Xen (ARM PV) for Cortex A9 based processors. I see support for Cortex A7, A15 (with h/w virtualization extensions) in many places, but didn't find any pointers/links to Cortex A9.
Any information on this topic shall be greatly helpful.
Many Thanks,Rajesh
Re: Xen ARM support for Tegra3 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

For Tegra2 it's available. I haven't come across Tegra3 news.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM, Rajesh Paul <rajeshpaul@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> One of my project requirements need booting two Ubuntu Linux instances on
> a Tegra 3 Board(Quad-core ARM Cortex A9 MPCore processor). And I plan to
> host them on a Xen ARM based Hypervisor.
>
> my query:
>
> Is there a specific support available for *Xen (ARM PV)* for Cortex A9
> based processors. I see support for Cortex A7, A15 (with h/w virtualization
> extensions) in many places, but didn't find any pointers/links to Cortex
> A9.
>
> Any information on this topic shall be greatly helpful.
>
> Many Thanks,
> Rajesh

✉ Regards :: Krishna Pavan ✍
Re: Xen ARM support for Tegra3 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

For Tegra2 it's available. I haven't come across Tegra3 news.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM, Rajesh Paul <rajeshpaul@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> One of my project requirements need booting two Ubuntu Linux instances on
> a Tegra 3 Board(Quad-core ARM Cortex A9 MPCore processor). And I plan to
> host them on a Xen ARM based Hypervisor.
>
> my query:
>
> Is there a specific support available for *Xen (ARM PV)* for Cortex A9
> based processors. I see support for Cortex A7, A15 (with h/w virtualization
> extensions) in many places, but didn't find any pointers/links to Cortex
> A9.
>
> Any information on this topic shall be greatly helpful.
>
> Many Thanks,
> Rajesh

✉ Regards :: Krishna Pavan ✍
Re: Xen ARM support for Tegra3 [ In reply to ]
Hi Rajesh,

> Has there been an effort to port to Tegra 3 ?

I do not know anything about Tegra 3 port, and that too with PV.

> Also, is there a link to a stable release for Tegra 2.

There are several posts related to port of Tegra2 within Xen-ARM archives,
where you may find. I did not understand the word 'stable' however.

--
✉ Regards :: Krishna Pavan ✍
Re: Xen ARM support for Tegra3 [ In reply to ]
Hi Krishna,
I am looking for the last released/latest source of Xen-ARM(PV) port for Tegra 2 Harmony board.
The wiki led me to http://xenbits.xen.org/ext/arm/xen-unstable.hg/file/217d13003000/xen/but am not sure if this is the latest one.
would help if you can provide pointers/links to the latest source archives...
Thanks,Rajesh
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 09:49:58 +0530
Subject: Re: [XenARM] Xen ARM support for Tegra3
From: post4pavan@gmail.com